Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from across the pond!

1. Welcome to the the "Creek!" Is that the VB36? Exquisite work on your first showing........I look forward to seeing more of your work, and hopefully learning a bit along the way!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Welcome aboard Richard. I have enjoyed seeing your work else where, it will be great seeing it here.

Welcome Richard, nice lathe gloats, very nice bowl, hope your foot heals, this board moves along a little faster than other forums i have seen you on .....again welcome

Welcome Richard. Very nice lathe and even nicer work!

From the looks of the picture it may be us doing the pickin. Nice work and welcome to the Creek.
    Duff

Rember: Experience is what you get just after needed it.

Welcome Richard, and umm, I'm thinking that we might be the one to pick your brain! What a neat sounding set up you have, and that's a great lathe and great bowl there!

Pick our brains Richard?????????: Welcome and what exceptional work you do. Love your site.

Welcome Richard, It is good to have a new member from the British Isles. As the son of a British War Bride I have a great appreciation for your country and after seeing your new lathe I am as close to envy as I have been since I upgraded. That is one beautiful VB. I also must say your work is wonderful. Please do not hesitate to show us a lot of it and share your turning experience. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and a return to those curlies.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Welcome, Richard. I don't want you to feel bad, but after seeing pictures of your work, both here and on your website, I have decided to sell my lathe and give up turning altogether. I might also need a new keyboard...I think I drooled on this one. I do hope you will frequent this place, as there will be considerable brain picking...

Not too shabby, Richard. Welcome aboard.

Welcome Richard. I hope that you are a frequent contributor as your work is outstanding. I have seen some of it before and this picture demonstrates your skill. Awesome!!

Welcome indeed! That's a lovely piece you posted, and I hope it will be the first of many posted here. You should be able to turn some nice pens and bottle stoppers on that little lathe you got there!

Every time I turn out something that I think is somewhat decent somebody comes out with something like this. Absolutely beautiful Richard. Keep them coming.

Richard, welcome. Can't wait to see more of you wonderful work!

Welcome to Creek Richard. What a way to jump in with a beautiful bowl.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.