Thread: An offer for Kansas area turners

An offer for Kansas area turners

I concider myself to be fortunate that my shop is fully heated and being a person who works out in this fridgid weather, I wanted to offer up the use of my lathe / shop to a person wants to turn in a warm shop.

Nothin fancy, but I have a Nova 1624 with a SN2 chuck and more tools than you need. I also have a mess of wood so I could probally cover you there too. I just hate hearing about turners that CANT turn because they dont have a warm place to turn. Muscle memory fades fast and you need to turn a little every so often to remember the processes.

I am home most weekends I WILL find some time to help out a fellow woodturner.

I may have just opened up a giant can of worms, but please PM or post a message if you would like to travel to El Dorado, Kansas and spend a few hours in a warm shop, turn something and talk shop. I'm no master turner but am willing to teach or share any of the processes I have learned... as well.

Scott
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

2. Scott,

I think that is a very generous thing for you to do.........giving of your time and resources. I live in the east, so it won't be me, but this would be a great opportunity for someone in the area, especially a person just getting into wood turning!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Scott, thats an awesome offer! I hope somebody can utilize all that as a resource!

Scott, that is a very nice gesture! I may have to make the trip from Kansas City sometime and take you up on that offer.

Right now, the insulated coveralls and electric space heater are keeping me from freezing solid in my unheated garage shop.

I have to bring all the gluing and finishing inside the house, of course.

Oh, well, spring is on the way!
    Quando Omni Flunkus - Moritatem!

Nice gesture... The offer stands for a heated shop in Enid, Oklahoma as well... Except between 1-4 this Saturday as I'll be hosting a group of boy scouts for a pen turning session.