Thread: Delta Scroll Saw on CL?

Delta Scroll Saw on CL?

Found a CL ad for a 40-601 (18") scroll saw. The owner is asking $350. Has a stand and digital readout.

Its the second time I've seen the saw posted, so I am guessing the asking price is high. Have not seen the saw in person, picture of it looks pretty good.

What does the collective think?

Thanks

Jim

I bought that one off eBay for $100--a really nice, clean saw. Those Deltas are really good cast iron scroll saw, but usually go pretty cheap considering their cost when new. Scroll saws are kinda out of vogue these days, and don't bring a whole lot. I had an RBI 18" Eagle that would not sell on CL. I traded it for a pressurized sandblasting tank.

It's true the seller may be stuck on $350 and not budge. Otherwise, offer $175. If he protests, up it to $200 or $225. It's well worth that. Best of Luck!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Anything digital,"Look Out" They become obsolete and you can't get replacement parts such as the digital circuit board and B&D wants a small fortune----Carroll

Carroll

If the display were to crap out (fail), would the saw still run?

Jim

Mine did not.I had a choice of purchasing a single speed motor w/a circuit board or purchasing a replacement board(wow).By the time I spent the money converting it over,it was not worth it.So I sold it for parts on ebay.Jim,yours may last forever its a roll of the dice on eletronic on wwing tools.Just my bad luck----Carroll
    Here's an example---http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-40601-type-1834-scroll-saw-parts-c-3275_3505_14014.html Well dang/it the motor for it is 363.00 they don't even sell the circuit board
    Last edited by Carroll Courtney; 01-25-2011 at 9:06 PM.

Digital scroll saws...oh brave new world,
    Mick