Thread: Grizzly table saw G0690 and Craftex CX200

Grizzly table saw G0690 and Craftex CX200

Hello ! Can anyone tell me if those two cabinet saws (Grizzly table saw G0690 and Craftex CX200) are in fact the very same machine. One is sold in the US and the second sold in Canada. Other than the price difference, I can't see any physical difference between them. Oh, sorry, the Craftex saw comes with a three year warranty instead of one year for the Grizzly. Other than that, be the judge !

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-3...ng-Knife/G0690

http://www.busybeetools.com/products...ING-KNIFE.html

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World
    same saw and a good one

a woodnetter noticed the same thing concerning a 17" grizzly BS and a shortlived 17" BS sold by harbor freight. he even purchased the HF unit to put it next to his grizzly for a fiirst hand comparison. the two items were exactly the same, except for color.

The extra $200 for the Craftex would probably be what allows the extra two years of warranty. Pretty much what they do with the Shop Fox, it sells for more but has a better warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Greathouse View Post
    The extra $200 for the Craftex would probably be what allows the extra two years of warranty. Pretty much what they do with the Shop Fox, it sells for more but has a better warranty.
    Not exactly $200 when you factor in shipping costs (especially to Canada); you can go to a BB store and pick up yours.

The price difference might be due to differences in exchange rates from Canada to US.

I have the 0691 which is the 0690 with the 54" rails. I'm very pleased with it. It's not a Unisaw, but it's what I could afford and it does everything I ask of it and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harris View Post
    The price difference might be due to differences in exchange rates from Canada to US.
    Canadian $ is actually a notch higher than the US $. Shopping mall parking spaces are taken mostly by Canadian vehicles. Everything is so cheap in the US for us.

Some of the reasons may be that Canadian cost of business is a little higher then in the US. But we don't have to pay every time we need to visit a clinic.
    To understand recursion, one must first understand recursion

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Ferlas View Post
    Canadian $ is actually a notch higher than the US $. Shopping mall parking spaces are taken mostly by Canadian vehicles. Everything is so cheap in the US for us.

Some of the reasons may be that Canadian cost of business is a little higher then in the US. But we don't have to pay every time we need to visit a clinic.
    Got it...
    BUT not to get too far OT... I'd rather pay the doctor not the government. Jus sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harris View Post
    Got it...
    BUT not to get too far OT... I'd rather pay the doctor not the government. Jus sayin.
    Have you actually paid a doctor out pocket lately? I'd rather just give them my first born

Anyway, do the two saws spec the same motors, starters, bearings, etc...?

Like Paul mentioned, I would think the price difference is likely to factor in the additional two year warranty. The CAD being at parity right now may not be a factor.
    To give you a little background here, I while back, I almost bought Grizzly TS G1023RLW. SInce the TS was not available, my name was added on a buyer list. The TS was back order for so long that when Grizzly emailed me to say it had finally arrived (nearly 5 months later or so), I sort of had chilled down so to speak and did not follow up with the order.
    Then recently, I noticed in BB latest mail flyer their new TS CX200 and realized it was most likely the same saw as Grizzly's. I think the owners of each company may have finally agreed to share markets.
    Last time I ck, shipping charges to get it across the border to Canada would amount to almost the same if not less than getting it from BB. That would remain to be reconfirmed though. In either case, I would need to have it curb delivered.

That said, I really like the 1023 saw for it dust collection chute, new trunion system and cast router extension.
    Since the router option is available on both TS, how much of an argument would the dust collection chute and new trunion system on the 1023 weigh in the final decision? I am far from being an experienced woodworking person and would like to hear what others in the know may think about it. I expect this to be my first and last TS buy.
    Much appreciated !
    Last edited by Guy Pageau; 01-27-2011 at 9:58 PM.