Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There is a cure for Diabetes - Yes it is true...

As a Type 2 Diabetic that was up to 220 units of insulin a day I know of no miracle cure. Losing weight probably had more to do with it than anything else. I have dropped about 30 lbs since Christmas and my insulin usage has dropped to about 145 units a day. My doctor says if I can lose another 75-80 lbs. I may be able to cut the usage. She also says there is no cure for Diabetes but only control.

My oldest son is a type II diabetic only recently diagnosed at age 44. He works a deputy sheriff. He has to have daily injections of insulin. He is about 6'1" and weighs maybe 155 lbs. When he was diagnosed his doctor said "Well....weight loss isn't an option".

This is serious stuff. If diet alone can control it......great but I would surely keep an medical doctor involved.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

what do you think the main cause of type 2 Diabetes are ?
    one group claim that diabetes in men are the result of the
    hormone level decreasing

I have never been diagnosed as Type 2 Diabetes, but about 5 years ago, by A1C was 6.9 (now 6.5 is diabetes). Changing my eating habits and maintaining more exercise has brought my A1C down under 6, and this month it was 5.4 with no medicine. It did get my attention pricking my finger to test during the early days to learn what food and quantity did to my sugar level. All that says that there is a lot to be said about maintaining a proper diet and exercise for some, and I am one of the lucky ones and am trying to stay lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post

• claims known loony-tunes like Woody Harrelson (wasn't he the one who started an oxygen bar, like an alcohol bar but with oxygen tanks?!), a spiritual leader, and a documentary maker are experts in the field.
    I work with O2 as part of my job.

The problem with oxygen bars is that they do not dispense pure oxygen. A license (and a medical need) is required to do so.

If I'm feeling under the weather, I'll breathe some pure O2 as a pick me up. Five minutes of O2 is quite literally a "legal high." Not high in the "man I'm so stoned" high, but a super-consiousness and alertness that cannot be achieved without a hyperbaric chamber. (Which does the same thing as a bottle of green gas.)

Problem is, pure O2 can be overdosed, resulting in convulsions. Which is why Woody's O2 bars just featured scented air -- 78% N2 and 21% O2 and 1% trace gasses.
    Deflation: When I was a kid, an E-ticket meant I was about to go on the ride of my life. Today, an E-ticket means a miserable ride.

Well she is still insulin free and hanging in there. And yes we will keep the doctor in the loop. I do stand corrected as you guys are correct that the diet is a control mechanism vs. a cure. Those in the DVD she purchased said they were 70 - 80 percent raw for maintenance. But a diet is welcomed over injections and pills anyday.

Thought you might be interested in these findings after surgery.

This article and news clip gives a nice explanation:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...51_page2.shtml

This link is to a formal study:
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/c876901049648033/