Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First project on converted Xenetech machine

Wow! Nice work. I am assuming since this is for your daughters project it was done as a labor of love because with all the time you have in there I would have had to charge over 5k for all that time, if it was a paying customer. I was able to help my daughter with our CNC and laser several times also.

So was your Zenetech a laser first then a CNC after?

Thanks for sharing and ...
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Michael, no it was a rotary machine. Same hardware wise as the current Xenetech 13 x 13 offered for sale today. I'm using the stock spindle, with a different drive & modded for a router collet.
    Gerald

Almost done the paint, end is in sight. DSC_5930.JPG

Beautiful. Great Job.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Amazing work Gerald and inspirational to those of us who may never reach that level of workmanship. Even if I could get the CNC part done I don't have the painting skills.

Here finally are some pictures of the finished project. I modelled the display case after the one in the Cairo Museum.
    DSC_5941.JPGDSC_5947.JPG

Now that's a job to be proud of ..... great job Gerald.
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Just one word to describe that...WOW!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Very cool. It looks like the Egyptians might have stolen your G-Code!
    ULS 135 watt w/rotary, Mazak QT-6T CNC lathe, Dapra machining center, Sherline CNC, Tormach CNC, Acad, Rofin welding laser, YAG laser w/ rotary, 4500 watt Fiber laser
    Boone Titanium Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Wubs View Post
    Michael, no it was a rotary machine. Same hardware wise as the current Xenetech 13 x 13 offered for sale today. I'm using the stock spindle, with a different drive & modded for a router collet.
    Gerald
    Gerald, I would love to see your machine and have PM'd you for some information on it. I hope your brother documented it. I got one today, not sure if it is the same model? Pics attached. I agree, Z is minimal. I would like to use it for engraving...did not get computer or the board, but I understand these didn't understand Gcode anyway. I have done a MACH 3 conversion. I have the cabinet with the IMS2000F stepper drivers too. Would like to reuse them, the power supply and perhaps as much of the pendant control as possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is just outstanding.

Did your daughter have a blast working with dad on that?

Glad someone brought this back up... Cool project. Makes me want to do something for the showroom...

Marty, how'd you wind up with one of those machines? Mind telling how much you paid for it?
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Underwood View Post
    Glad someone brought this back up... Cool project. Makes me want to do something for the showroom...

Marty, how'd you wind up with one of those machines? Mind telling how much you paid for it?
    Dumb luck, a friend in my local metalworking club picked it up, was going to convert it, ended up sitting for about a year until I asked him about it. I got interested because I had recently converted an EMCO CNC 5 lathe to Mach 3 and remembered his engraver. Mine has a 12x12 work surface.

What do you mean by showroom?

Marty

Our cabinet showroom. I work for a cabinet shop.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Phil, the thing was a family affair, and yes my daughter had a lot of fun with this. Our whole family is very interested in Egypt, and we all learned a lot.