Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aspire 3 camp at mcgrew's

Brad,

I have been giving some thought to using YouTube. I need to find out of YouTube assumes ownership of any files uploaded

Mark,

I will discuss it with Aaron, the files I have are Blu-Ray and my software won't copy or convert them. Aaron owns a Blu-Ray camera so he should have software that can do the job.

Have you made any progress on this?

Bill,

Yes, Aaron said he could convert the video file for me but he doesn't know when he will have the time. Last week he had a couple of papers due and he had spent some time helping friends clean up after the tornado we had in the county, I will ask him again when I see him.

YouTube may not be an option, the video is over an hour long. If I had to break it up into 30 sections that would be a problem. I hope that Aaron will be able to reduce the resolution to get the file size down to something that is more manageable.

I have some new information about ADA sign prices to share when I can find some time. Jackie and I have ruled out the possibility of us creating a series of "how to" ADA videos because it is just to big a project for us to tackle. I know that if we could show everyone each step in the process it would be beneficial to those who are a bit shy about making ADA signs. There are lots of steps in the process but they are all simple techniques that are easy to master. I can try to explain the process using pictures but video would be so much easier to understand the process.

I am considering creating an ADA Sign Group here if people are interested.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-23-2011 at 8:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post

I am considering creating an ADA Sign Group here if people are interested.
    Keith,

There has been quite a lot of questions regarding your presentation that you did at Jim's, Creating a ADA sign section in the forum would be a great resource.

Mick
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Mick,

I will see what I can do to get a new ADA Group setup, it won't be a forum but it would serve the same purpose.
    If people feel that the topic would receive more exposure we can keep it here.

I have spent several days over the past few weekends reorganizing my shop. I sold my ShopBot in oder to gain some floor space and I moved my table saw from the center of my shop to an alternate location because it isn't used much anymore. My Stinger II is now where my table saw used to be and I had to gut my entire dust collection system and rebuild it because of the changes.

There is a huge amount of ADA work coming down the pike so I am trying to get ready by organizing every machine I use and make some much needed floor space available. The price of ADA signs seems to be increasing lately so the profit is going up big time

Keith,

Thanks for the information on the ADA group, I no you are really busy at CDU and your own workshop, better to have too much work than not enough. ADA work in Seattle seems to be picking up also, I am still traveling for my day job but have managed to win 2 bids one for 150 signs and the other for 300 I could have placed more bids but I don't have time, once my traveling is over I will have more shop time.

Mick
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Mick,

Congratulations winning the two bids, those are nice size projects.

Its been a long time since I got serious about reorganizing my workshop. I kept adding machines to the point that I didn't have any work space left, then I realized how precious empty space could be
    I have plenty of work area now and I can once again get a car or lawnmower in the last bay of my shop for maintenance. This space is also used for welding projects and bending sign hangers. I have a couple tools to move out yet but I am almost finished....well finished is not the right term since workshops always seem to be in a state of change

When is the next get together? I haven't got mine yet but but October I hope to have it.
    Epilog Helix 24

i am unsure whether i will do this in the fall or next spring, send me an email (should be above and i will put you on the list !!

look forward to meeting you