Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspire 3 camp at mcgrew's

Aspire 3 camp at mcgrew's

NEWS FLASH !!! we have set march 25/26 2011 for this years camp, both James Booth and Tim Merril have agreed to speak and help us in our quest to grow in our understanding of aspire !!!

i am preping a website with the agenda, and registration details and will email all those who emailed into the previous email address first, still some room for those who wish to attend, just post here so i can contact you.

we are located at 3527 north main street. columbia sc 29203 CAMaster has agreed to provide the traditional BBQ lunch on saturday,

the new site is mcgrew3dcarving,com and will be up asap!!

i hope keith outten can make it!!!! just got all dates finalized yesterday and had to give up seeing rod stewart/stevie nicks (at my age this was a big deal) hope you can make it!!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-30-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Jim,

I will plan on making the trip to South Carolina for your event. Last year a family event got in the way, I will try my best to keep March 25th and 26th open. I will contact you offline about setting up a booth this year, we have some things to share that some may find interesting

I am interested in attending. Thanks
    Thanks
    Bruce

Trotec Speedy 300 80w, Corel X8, PhotoGrav,
    Shopbot Desktop Max with spindle, Vac, indexer, Aspire
    AirWolf 3D Printer AW3D HD2x

Blog Entries
    Aw, man... SC? I don't have that kind of free time for a trip. How about something in VA or MD?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Dan if you take out a few more walls we could have it at your place.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Dan,

We may host a two day event this year in October in my workshop here in Virginia.
    Stay Tuned.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jarrard View Post
    Dan if you take out a few more walls we could have it at your place.
    Joey,

The stud walls don't have drywall on them, so that's almost the same, right?

I'm working with a friend (local woodworker) to create a custom cabinet for the Stinger. The shop is starting to shape up, but the recent death of my laser and the snow storms put a kink in my plans again

Keith,

That would be perfect... I'm debating between multiple 2.5D/3D packages, so seeing Aspire used by a skilled hand will be very helpful. At some point I need to get my 3D laser scanner installed (I may offer it as a company service, haven't decided yet).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Put me down for 3. Can't wait!!!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

ahh friends from savannah!! been working at Winn hospital on Ft stewart, finished now wish i had founf time to stop in!!

Jim, put me down for 1 more - total of 4. Thanks!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

all is going well and it looks like micheal t of carve buddywill present as well, i am going to finish the agenda soon (still drawing plans at work) basically the bottom line is this, all presentations on friday will be about machines files bits nesting business etc. on saturday we will devote the entire day to aspire with james booth, tim merril and micheal on all topics aspire/vectric.

james has asked that we post some topics you would like to cover so the speakers can be prepared and comprehensive. this was his request!!

" I am pretty excited about the meeting and what we are going to be able to cover – again please encourage people with Aspire questions to post things they would like to go through on the forum."

this has shaped up to be a good camp so let us know how we can make it better for all,

jim

Hi Jim,

Count me in, just a suggestion but could we cover some 4th axis work, for example design, and toolpath strategy.

Mick
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

agenda 2011.jpgAgenda is set, getting close will see all of you soon!!
    Last edited by james mcgrew; 02-07-2011 at 8:00 AM.

we will switch the tooling to friday and micheal to saturday, saturday will be all aspire and on another note brian moran of vectric has decided to attend,

getting all set up and looking forward to seeing alll!!