Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aspire 3 camp at mcgrew's

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    getting all set up and looking forward to seeing alll!!
    My wife and I will be catching a flight early Thursday morning should arrive in Columbia Thursday afternoon ...... looking forward to seeing you.

Mick
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

We will be leaving after lunch on Thursday which should put us in Columbia late Thursday night.
    Ya have to stay at the speed limit these days, the radar traps are everywhere

Looking for updates here as well as other forums....one year I hope to make one of these meetings!

will do gene got plent of new pics today!! will get to it this pm

I have a couple of pictures to share but I need a good nights sleep first, it has been a very busy 3 days and we have a long drive tomorrow.

There was a lot of very talented people who attended Jim's event, the best group I have ever seen and they shared some very cool stuff. The guys from Vectric stole the show once again, it doesn't get any better!

Had a great weekend, learned a lot and made many new friends
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

I for one would like to thank Jim for a great time. I always leave full and with more friends. The skill that was on hand was mind boggling. If you where there and did not walk away with atleast on more wrinkle on your brain you do not have one.

Keith if we lose frank due to your "how to get trump rich with your cnc in just 2 hours a week" speech we will have to talk. LOL
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Joey,

If Frank decides to come over to the "Dark Side" he would be welcome but you guys keep him to busy to make a move. He could easily make some serious money part time on the weekends with his CNC if he had a weekend

Seriously, we all had a great time this weekend in Columbia and the number of talented and innovative people who attended Jim's Aspire Event continue to grow. I am impressed each time with the number of people who have listened to my presentation, added their own ideas, and have started some very lucrative businesses. This time I got more than I gave so I am thankful for the opportunity to have been a part of this group of amazing people.

The recipe for success certainly involves both hardware and software as the main ingredients. The machines that your guys build and the software that Vectric provides open the doors for the rest of us to step through. In spite of the poor economy these last couple of years there have been lots of opportunity for people to start up a small business and make a good living within just a few short months. If the ingredient I can provide helps even just a few people I am happy to be part of the mix.

Thanks to Jim McGrew for being such a great host, to Vectric for their continued support of our Community and to all of the CNC entrepreneurs that attended for sharing their knowledge and expertise.

"I'll Be Back"

Keith,
    I couldn't make it to Jims this year, hope to next year. Your presentation was especially of interest to me. Is there any place where you wrote about what was presented or any place I could find information about it.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Mark,

My presentation at Jim McGrew's Aspire camp was recorded by a very nice guy who provided me with a copy of the digital file. After I have had time to view the file and if anough people are interested I would be glad to find out what it would take to make the file available.

Most of what I have to say about starting up a new CNC business is here at The Creek, it just isn't all in one place.

I'll get back to you ASAP.

I would also be very interested in this. I'm in the process of building my CNC. At the pace I'm going, it should be done sometime in the spring of 2037. A little extra motivation would be welcome.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Mark,

My presentation at Jim McGrew's Aspire camp was recorded by a very nice guy who provided me with a copy of the digital file. After I have had time to view the file and if anough people are interested I would be glad to find out what it would take to make the file available.

Most of what I have to say about starting up a new CNC business is here at The Creek, it just isn't all in one place.

I'll get back to you ASAP.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Yes please host the speech Keith. I am also interested.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I've had a chance to watch the video presentation, it is about sixty minutes long. There are two files that together are just over six gigabytes in size so I doubt we can host them on the SawMill Creek server. The files are high resolution BluRay files, possibly Aaron can convert them into one file that is much smaller in size. As soon as I can get Aaron to convert the files I will post a new thread with more information.

The presentation includes a large number of project types that range from making simple cutting boards to way-finding signs to ADA work and Corian dye-sublimation for commercial projects. I also provide some information concerning marketing and pricing strategies.

I would like to create some smaller video modules that show each step in the process of making ADA door signs. These would provide the necessary detail that would eliminate many questions about how each step is accomplished. Time is the biggest hurdle at this point, you guys and gals keep me plenty busy here at the console so there is little time in my schedule for developing videos

I found a local group that is willing to provide video editing services but that would move us in another direction having to factor in the costs associated with producing a more polished series of videos.

Kieth,
    I'd love to see it, unfortunately I'm working and couldn't make it... anyway, one thing I've done for a soap making lesson was to break the presentation down to ~10 min segments and post them to You-Tube. I know that Jim and Joey both have posted a lot of You Tube videos.

It'd give me something to do while I'm waiting on my Stinger II

Thanks Keith,
    Is it possible to send out a copy of the DVD for a fee. I would be more than happy to send you the amount you feel is right if I could get you to send me the DVD. I would really like to see it and that way you wouldn't have to do any work getting it ready.
    Thanks for your help in moving the CNC field forward and being an inspiration to all of us.
    Mark