Thread: Bradford Pear Bread / Salad Bowl

Bradford Pear Bread / Salad Bowl

Making bread dough before Christmas, my wife said that she needed a bowl for bread dough. I found a rough out Bradford Pear that was mostly dry, and this is what she got for Christmas - 13" D x 3 1/2" H x 5/16" WT and finished with Mahoney Walnut Oil. The bowl blank apparently was not completely dry and did some warping, but that will add to character over the years with use. It looks good on the counter.
    IMG_5178.jpgIMG_5175.jpgIMG_5177.jpgIMG_5176.jpg

It sure does look good on the counter. I'll bet it get's even better looking over time as that pear darkens a bit. Nice job.

Looks like good user bowl, should serve you well ;-))
    Have fun and take care

Great looking bowl. I like the soft lines of the rim. May it encourage your wife to make you lots of bread.
    Mark

You can sometimes count every orange on a tree but never all the trees in a single orange. -A.K. Ramanujan

Great looking bowl for sure. I like the form and warp. Will make a great popcorn bowl.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nothing better than turning something that looks good and can be used!

Nice bowl! Bet your wife loves it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Tom, this one has that "I want to be used" look! Very comfortable looking piece with a nice rim detail.

...mmmmmm, home baked bread. And utility items hot off of the lathe. I couldn't help but notice in the pic of the bowl beside the cooktop that mom's kitchen tools are in... clay containers? My goodness..!

nice looking dough bowl

I love seeing useful turned items..good job

That will make some good bread and looks nice too. Well done!

[QUOTE=Fred Perreault;1624318]...mmmmmm, home baked bread. And utility items hot off of the lathe. I couldn't help but notice in the pic of the bowl beside the cooktop that mom's kitchen tools are in... clay containers? My goodness..!

Fred - the clay containers were gifts from a now departed friend and pretty special. There are a lots of wooden objects scattered around the house but some of the old family and friend gifts are special memories also.

Fred - the clay containers were gifts from a now departed friend and pretty special. There are a lots of wooden objects scattered around the house but some of the old family and friend gifts are special memories also.[/QUOTE]

Tom, thank you for the explanation. I hope that I didn't offend, and actually I think that I noticed because the LOML has her kitchen tools in 3 of her grandmoms' antique clay cannisters. She doesn't want me to make her any tool buckets.