Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: It is gonna snow. A bunch.

It is gonna snow. A bunch.

Alright, this morning there was a severe weather alert for our area for up to 12" of snow mostly Monday night through Thursday some time.

At noon it was increased to a possible 16". And they started using the word "blizzard."

Just checked it now and they're saying up to 24".

Do you see where this is going? Why do I keep checking?

24" is a lot of snow. Enough snow to shut even a city like Milwaukee down for a few days.

I need more wood.

Some advice Phil.....buy some extra coffee.....find some extra wood.....hunker down.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Sage advice, Ken. Coffee and wood.

I feel your pain. It will barely make it to 60 tomorrow here.

Was 45 ºC / 113 ºF in my workshop yesterday wish I could send some your way.

Joe

Talk about global warming

Yes, global warming may well be related to the relatively high snowfall much of the country has experienced in recent years. Snow develops best with temperatures moderately below freezing. Really bitter cold doesn't generate so much.

We're in line for 8-15 according to the latest watch but there's also talk about a significant ice storm in northern Ohio, creeping into MI. That could be ugly. I'm going to fill up all my gas cans for the generator tomorrow morning when i go out for an appointment, just in case.

I'll be thinking about all you folks suffering in the cold and snow. Take care of yourselves! It was 75 in Savannah yesterday.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

24"? Ha! I'm way beyond worrying about a measly 24". 24" of snow is what I have in some spots that have been shoveled previously. At this point, we're just rounding to the nearest foot. My driveway and walkway look like tunnels. If I don't park just right, I can't open my door due to the snow.

I'm just hoping it dumps it all on Phil and Matt so there's nothing left by the time it gets to me!

John, Thanks for creating mounds that will block the snow from coming up the Hudson River Valley to me!
    Brian

By the way...why are there all these birds chirping around my house?? It just started happening this morning. Very strange. I hate snow almost as much as I hate birds. Pigeons to be exact, but after 21 years in New York, they all look like pigeons to me.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    By the way...why are there all these birds chirping around my house?? It just started happening this morning. Very strange. I hate snow almost as much as I hate birds. Pigeons to be exact, but after 21 years in New York, they all look like pigeons to me.
    Oh, they said it is coming your way when it is done here. Those birds know. They're stuffing their gullets.

BTW, I think we should all agree (as gentlemen and a few ladies) to never again utter the words "global warming" on SMC. Just too much passion around that one.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    If your experience is similar to mine, they're probably in your chimney