Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: red ceder stump

Nice bowl and not a bad looking dog!

Nice bowl. I see nothing wrong with the thickness, I see no point in turning something thin just for the sake of turning something thin. Cedar is one of my favorite woods to turn and the grain around the knots always has a lot of chatoyance. To me the knots and the grain around them are more beautiful than just a plain piece of wood. By the way I see a little ankle bitter too.
    Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight. Its much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Dennis, that isn't a pot pourri bowl - it is a doggie bowl, and a fine one at that!! Beautiful wood!
    Well "doggie bowl" works for me. I think it looks like a chihuahua also.

It is a chihuahua. My chi, named Bug, is thrilled with this bowl! That red cedar color is terrific

Very cool and I like the doggie. Thick is fine-I've gone from thick to thin and am moving back the other direction more and more.

Great color, and I can see the dog. Love pieces with features like that.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

ahhh my question as to where theTacho Bell dog went has been ansered!! Beautiful bowl too.I like everything about it...Bill...

Love the bowl, shape color, and even the thickness. Cedar has so much interesting character to it. Last week a lady commissioned me to turn three bowls for her, and she requested they all be thicker than the ones I had in my booth at my local gallery. She looked at the rough-outs in my shop to pick the bowls she wanted and ask me to "leave them as thick as you can." So, I would agree that "thin" can be overrated at times. Great job!

Jeff

That is one of the most obvious portraits in grain I have seen in awhile. Nice bowl also. Ditto the thicker is better mentality.

Thats cool!!! The dogs face just jumps out at ya