Thread: T-molding on Biesmeyer fence

T-molding on Biesmeyer fence

No gloat but a pretty good deal. I just bought a used 36-810 Unisaw with 50" Biesmeyer fence off Craigslist a couple of weeks ago. According to the serial number it appears to be made in '99. Seems to be in pretty good shape, trunnion and all are o.k., just some cosmetic work to do such as rust removal, new extension table, new board on left side of fence.
    I replaced the left side fence and glued on new plastic laminate. The "idjits" had run the saw blade into it about 1/8", ugh! The black, vinyl T-molding that fits on the top of the fence is pretty chewed up and I'd like to replace it. Checked the Borgs and they looked at me like I had two heads. Haven't tried Biesmeyer yet. Just thought some of you had run into the same problem and had a good source for replacement or substitute molding.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

I think I saw it in the rockler magazine

20 feet of 5/8" black T-molding on eBay for $9.99 plus $6.00 shipping. That's enough to refurbish four Biesemeyer fence faces.

There are large 250' rolls of 5/8" T-molding available from Woodworker's Supply, but I did not see any 5/8" at the Rockler site; only 3/4" and 13/16".
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Thanks guys. Ebay sounds like a good deal. I appreciate the replies.

joe
    Last edited by Joe Kieve; 02-02-2011 at 7:42 PM. Reason: My poor spelling. Got in a hurry.
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."