Thread: Making Grizzly Cyclone Stand. Help needed...

Question Making Grizzly Cyclone Stand. Help needed...

I bought a Grizzly Cyclone G0440 but I do not bought the stand. Now want to make one from steel angle but I am not sure about the right size of angle steel to choose (1,5", 2" or 3" width) and the thickness (1/8, 3/16 ?).

For those who bought it, can you give me the angle steel size of your grizzly stand ?

I thought to use something like 2"x2" angle steel by 1/8 thick.
    Do you think that size would be ok ?

I think its all in how you brace it. A lighter structure might be fine as long as its properly braced so that a leg doesn't buckle if you hit it. A heavier structure probably doesn't need as much. Or you could bolt the legs to the floor.

I don't think the factory stand is a bad a deal by the time you design it, buy steel, do the fabrication, and paint the think I'd think you'd be approaching the $245it would cost just to buy one. Depending [IMG]file:///C:/Users/mmeiser/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]on what you pay for steel of course.

I didnt buy the stand either. I mounted mine on the wall, I didnt want the legs of the stand impeding my access to the drum. The stand they sell you is thin steel but its 1 1/2 wide angle. Since its angle it doesnt need to be that heavy. Think about wall mounting it though it is a pia to reach around the stand to release the drum clamps. I have never regretted mounting mine on the wall.

Made mine out of wood.

I installed a G0440 a few years ago onto a stand made out of 2-by material. As I recall it wasn't too difficult to design and build. I build the stand on the floor, put everything together for the cyclone laying down, then stood the whole contraption up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    I don't think the factory stand is a bad a deal by the time you design it, buy steel, do the fabrication, and paint the think I'd think you'd be approaching the $245it would cost just to buy one. Depending [IMG]file:///C:/Users/mmeiser/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]on what you pay for steel of course.
    Since I am in Canada, I wanted to save some money on shipping and customs fees...
    And this is not very difficult to make.

So, I will go with 2"x2" 1/8", it should be enough.

I prefer to install it on a stand in order to minimize noise and vibration

Hey Alain ! Just curious to hear about your experience with getting your Grz delivered across the border to you. Did you get it through UPS and how bad did UPS hurt you on this side of the border? Or did you to the terminal in Dorval to pick it up?