Thread: Rhinestone Heat Transfers with a laser

Rhinestone Heat Transfers with a laser

I was looking at the seminar schedule for the ARA Las Vegas show and one of them is using your laser to make rhinestone heat transfers for embellishing awards.........is anyone doing this already? If so, can you shed some light on how it is done?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Blog Entries
    Steve,

It could be anything with such a simple description as what you provide, but...

What I've seen in the past was using the laser to create a pattern of holes in a sheet of flexible plastic. Rhinestones are poured onto the sheet and spread around by hand, filling each hole with a single rhinestone. All extra rhinestones are wiped off, and an adhesive sheet is applied over the top (or it's already under the plastic sheet). Plastic sheet is removed, and you're left with your rhinestone pattern on the adhesive sheet, ready for application.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Steve.
    I am not doing it personally, but I looked at it and I can tell you how it's done. It's actually pretty simple. Most people that do it cut sandblast mask on a plotter. The rhinestones have heat activated adhesive on them. You cut the design into the masking material, basically rake the rhinestones into the hole pattern you have cut. Put the thing down on a garment, or whatever, and heat press it. If you look at the t-shirt forum you will find many many posts about this. Lots of things you can do with it besides garments too.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

This guy has written Corel Macros for creating the templates. While the process is fairly simple, it can get complex fast when using various size stones, fonts and filled patterns.
    http://sites.google.com/site/lnfortunspages/Home

Neal

Steve,

I'll buy ya one of these and you can save on the class fee...

https://www.mybedazzler.com/
    ULS M-300 30W, CorelDraw X4

Blog Entries
    Man, you think if that guy was so well-versed in Corel he could create a webpage that didn't suck so bad... difficult to look at it.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Actually there is better software out there than Corel for this operation. WinPCSign is one of them. http://www.signmax.us/Film/Vectorrhi...ctorRhines.htm
    or http://www.signmax.us/Film//Centerli...eword_demo.htm
    Last edited by Larry Bratton; 02-03-2011 at 9:32 PM.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

We have the WinPcSign, works great. We make T-shirts and other apparel with Rhinestones. Cut the stencil material on laser.

Dave
    BrightStar 60 watt laser, Roland Print & Cut
    Screen Printing, Embroidery, Signs, Pad Printing

"Quality is remembered, long after price is forgotten"