Thread: Is this a good or great bargin

Thumbs up Is this a good or great bargin

a G1018HW 8" jointer $600 and a G0555 for $200? I think price is right for the band saw but the jointer should be around $400/

I don't think the price on the jointer's all that great. I'm not familiar with that model, but I'd guess it sold for not much more than $600 brand new.

The G0555 for $200 seems pretty fair, just a bit lower than 50% of the new price. Not a gloat, but not bad.

Blog Entries
    G0555 sounds good, jointer is quite high; 1-1/2HP for $600? Not me. You can have a new 3HP G0656 for $775. Of course the new one comes with tax and shipping costs but you also get a warranty and twice the ponies.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Ditto, 6 bills for a used 8" ?? IF I needed both , a cash offer starting at $500 for the pair would be reasonable ? Depends on the condition and how motivated the seller. (or how bad you want them) - I'm not cheap, just cost efficient
    Elvis isn't dead, he just went home Yes, I am a joker - Take it with a grain of salt

One thing that may be important is that the older griz was made in Taiwanese factories, as apposed to most of the newest machines which have moved to mainland china.

For reference, I bought a 3 year old GO586 with 75" tables in near new condition last fall for $475. Included 4 sets of blades. 2 new (1 installed) and 2 needing sharpening.