Thread: Pretty Good Customer Service

Pretty Good Customer Service

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Delta table saw on the Classifed Forum. The saw was as advertised but on assembly I found a small, somewhat non-essential, part was missing. I also didn't get all the owners manual and I had a question about the fence adjustment.

Anyway I called the Porter Cable-Delta-Dewalt number and was quickly connected to customer support where the gentleman answered my questions and offered to send the part and the manual at no charge.

I couldn't ask for much better than that.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    Mike,

Glad to hear it.

I own a few Delta pieces (as I'm sure a lot of us do) and we need good customer service on occasion to maintain our equipment.

PHM

I had a similar experience with a Dewalt 735 I got off craigslist. Guy bought it cheap at a police auction, and I bought it cheap from him. It must have been stolen early in its life because it seemed new...except it was missing the dust adapter and T-wrench. I contacted Porter Cable-Delta-Dewalt and got both free.

yup, bought a drill press from Lowes on closeout. It was the floor model (It was a steal so I didn't care). Got it home and realized a few of the parts were missing. Called Delta, credit card in hand. They sent me the replacement parts at no charge.

Similar experience with Generac - Bought a display model generator from Lowes - was missing a few things like the power cord and battery charger - I called Generac up expecting to have to purchase it and they sent everything for nothing. Can't beat that or the deal I got on the generator

Blog Entries
    This is great to hear about Delta. They were so slow to respond in the past. Maybe the new owners paid attention to some of the surveys from the past. I hope for more good news to come ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I had a similar experience with a floor-model planer except there was a 6 week wait for the parts.

What did they send you for a manual? The manual was missing from my factory-sealed DW745 table saw box so I called to get one and got a poor photocopy. Now frankly it doesn't really make a difference as far as using the manual but it did put me off a little.