Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How 'bout dem Packers!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

How 'bout dem Packers!

One of the better Super Bowls. Aaron Rodgers was hot!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Yea, four turnovers really helped Green Bay out, good game, sure made my seven year old happy.

Correction, three turnovers, last one was a incomplete pass.
    Last edited by John Fabre; 02-06-2011 at 11:57 PM.

That was some sweet candy, baby.
    Paul

A well fought match. The Steelers are a class act.

Packers did not have any turnovers and that helped. You can't give your opponent extra opportunities.

Lombardi trophy is coming home where it belongs.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Yeah..... I had to send a message to Karl Laustrup congratulating him on his Packers winning.

Did anybody notice...no cheerleaders for either team?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm not a fan of either team but I thought it was an excellent game. I am, however, a big fan of Aaron Rodgers. I thought it showcased not only his talent but how far he's progressed as a football player to ultimately win the big one and become the MVP. Even Brett Favre didn't do that. Just think about how far he's come: he wasn't recruited out of high school, instead went to a 2-year community college, got recruited to play at Cal, got snubbed by the 49'ers (his favorite team) in the 2005 draft in favor of Alex Smith who turned out to be total bust, lived in the shadow of Brett Favre for several years until he finally had a chance to prove himself. To me it's a feel good story that shows how much guts, determination and effort can get you to whatever your goal is.

It's sad that he had to prove himself.....or that he was compared to Farve......... It's difficult enough to be an athlete at that level. When you consider all the boys and young men that play football at all levels, to rise to the level where you are accepted as a professional should speak for itself. It was pointed out before the game that it was amazing that Joe Montana was followed by Steve Young and both were as incredibly talented as they were. It was also pointed out the same incredibility of Farve being followed by someone as talented as Rodgers....and that he would have to prove himself by winning this Super Bowl.

He didn't come out of the shadow of Farve....Aaron Rodgers just cast his own shadow.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Did anybody notice...no cheerleaders for either team?
    Your right, where were they?

Neither team has cheerleaders......they don't have them..... it was pointed out by one of the new services as an oddity.
    Ken

Neither team has cheerleaders......they don't have them..... it was pointed out by one of the new services as an oddity.
    I saw that, never knew it before. My first thought was some teams are football players, some are entertainers. Although not many people would classify the '90s Cowboys just as entertainers.

Yeeeee Hahhhhhhhhh.

St. Vince will be proud.

Quinn

Yeah, they don't want the cheerleaders here (spoken as a Giants fan able to see the heinz field seats as i'm typing). Professional Football isn't the side show and manufactured thing here that it is in a lot of cities. It's probably a lot like it is in Green Bay - if it was still in an old municipal stadium with no marketing hype, people would still live and breathe it. No need for cheerleaders or circus acts.

Great game....

Now how would you have liked to been one of the 400 people that didn't have a seat when they got there. They had to watch it on a TV in the basement. The NFL is going to give them back their money times 3 but most say its not the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    The NFL is going to give them back their money times 3 but most say its not the money.
    They are going to give the people three times the face value of the ticket. That won't cover half of what most people spent on the Super Bowl. Hopefully the NFL / Jerry Jones will make this situation right.

As a diehard Steelers fan, congrats to the Packers. If I had to pick a team to lose to in the NFL, the Packers would be near the top of the list.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    They are also getting free tickets to next years Super Bowl.
    I still would not be happy.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney