Thread: Source for Brad Point Letter Sized Bits

Source for Brad Point Letter Sized Bits

Having trouble locating brad point Letter sized bits. Specifically I need a Letter N and a Letter O for some doweling projects. I've been able to locate many vendors who carry letter sized split points however brad points have been difficult to find. Any thoughts??
    Building a New Shop...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jackson View Post
    Having trouble locating brad point Letter sized bits. Specifically I need a Letter N and a Letter O for some doweling projects. I've been able to locate many vendors who carry letter sized split points however brad points have been difficult to find. Any thoughts??
    Fuller makes them. Maybe Jamestown distributors carries them? Any Fuller dealer should be able to source them.

Blog Entries
    Another idea that could save a little dough and some storage space is to do the hole with a slightly undersized bradpoint to get the clean entry and center spur guided hole then shave to letter size with an existing letter size bit. If you do not already have the letter sized bits . . . pretend I didn't respond ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I'm not sure about 'N' bits, but take a look for pen kit (woodturning) supplies for an 'O' bit.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

You can get some of the letter bits at Woodcraft. I use the "O" for making pens, and think it came from PSI if not mistaken. Probably some of the other retail or web outlets on penturners.org would be a source.

Woodworkers Tool Works can brad point any drill bit you have or supply any size you need from stock.
    Brad pointing is available in differant grinds for hard wood, soft wood, and end grain.
    Pricing starts around 2.00 per tool.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-27-2011 at 5:51 PM. Reason: Removed link to personal web site. you CANNOT link to your own site per the TOS
    If I told you who I was or what I did, I'd get kicked out of here....
    (it's happened before...)

Bobby...thank you very much that was helpful.
    Building a New Shop...

shipped ups and on their way.

BK.
    If I told you who I was or what I did, I'd get kicked out of here....
    (it's happened before...)

Bob...recieved the bits and they're fantastic, great product, timely shipping, nice to find someone who actually carries these less than common items. I'll be giving you a call about some Letter Size U bits as well...great for Krenov Style dowel work with homemade jigs...

Thanks again,
    Chris
    Building a New Shop...

If you are a Krenov enthusiast you might be interested to know that with practice (a lot of practice) you can use a grinder to make your own brad point bits. At the College of the Redwoods school regular twist bits were turned on the grinder to make lettered, fractional and numbered brad points.