• Drum/wide belt sander

18 5.73%
  • none, I am at the top of my ladder

14 4.46%
  • other, name it in your post

23 7.32%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What machine do you most want to upgrade

Widebelt for sure. Mine is a piece of junk, but it works.

Next thing I'd like to do is upgrade my shapers. Powermatic stuff is just garbage.

Blog Entries
    i have a pretty decent craftsman cabinet saw but i would really love to have a new delta or saw stop

I agree with Peter - Dust collector it is !

In this order;

Dust collector
    Compressor
    Drum sander....though a wide belt would be a wonderful option is room / budget allowed...

....oh and heat.....real heat in my garage. Currently using a small propane blower and would love to get back to having a normal overhead heater.
    Last edited by Mark Blatter; 02-09-2011 at 9:43 PM.

My 15" planer sucks, I want a new one
    Husband to 1, father to 9
    2 girls and 7 boys (in that order)
    Life Is Full Of Blessings
    The Lord is my Rock and my Refuge.

No doubt about it: Lathe. I'm thinking either a Stubby, or one of the Robust's.
    Someday.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

I am blessed, finally, with lots of good equipment. Now all I need is space to set it all up and operate efficiently. Shop Space was not a voting option.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Since the poll is for existing machinery I said jointer because my little 6" Delta just does not cut it. But in reality, I can get by with it and really want a lathe since I don't have one. That's next on the buy list. TS, BS, DC, DP, etc. are all pretty adequate.

Other: Lighting and a better striking knife.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Hi all,

I'd like a bit bigger lathe than what I have. I'm willing to wait until the right deal comes along though. No rusth.

Blog Entries
    My very old 6" Craftsman jointer has a lousy fence, so that seems to be on the top of my list.

I would love to add a riving knife to my saw (please, no PMs from that certain seller) and I would like to upgrade bearings and guides on my bandsaw.

13. I'd vote for a dust collector! Just upgraded my table saw to a Craftsman granite top saw, have a decent router table, but still using a shop vac for dust collection and that just isn't doing it for me.

If I had the cash I would upgrade several tools. I'd love to have another bandsaw so that I'd have more flexibility without changing blades. My bench top drill press is my biggest blunder in tool purchases. Yes, I use it often and it's fine, but I need more quill travel. A floor standing drill press would have been a much better choice. Unfortunately I didn't have the money for one when I bought the bench top and I still don't. Finally I'd love to buy a cyclone DC and pipe for a central DC. That would be my top priority for upgrading. If you count upgrading the shop I still don't have a lathe so I'd love to add one to the shop. Right now I'm just fine and thankful that I have the tools that I have and can still work in my shop. It could be a whole lot worse.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

1. Tablesaw - I currently have a Delta CS, going to upgrade to a SawStop 1.75hp PCS. I would go with a 3hp, but I'm limited to 120v.
    2. Bandsaw - Have the 14" Delta from the Lowe's clearance last fall, I'd like to move up to the biggest I can get that'll run on 120v
    3. SCMS/GCMS - I have a DeWalt 705 12" CMS, I'd like to upgrade to a slider/glide. I may skip this though if I can get a good sliding table for the SS.

There are some other upgrades to machines I'd like to make, but without 240v, I can't.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.