Thread: clearview mini cyclone

clearview mini cyclone

Can anyone tell me if it is possible obtain a Clearvue mini cyclone and if not where I can obtain a mini cyclone plan from

regards Brian
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 02-09-2011 at 6:03 PM.

You can not buy the Clearview Mini anymore, they had to stop making them, you may be able to fine someone selling one but that's about all.
    You can get the Dust Deputy, it is just about as good.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=22062

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ht=dust+deputy

Bill is right about the Clearvue Mini, they don't make them any more. It is too bad, because they looked like quality products.

If you do decide to buy the Dust Deputy, I encourage you to beef up the top. I bought a Dust Deputy and really enjoyed it. I used it in combination with a CleanStream filter and I ran it for about 6 weeks without clogging or any noticeable performance hit (mostly router work, some sanding and drilling).

I moved the DD one day and the top sheared off of the cyclone. Apparently, they seam weld the two parts. I called Oneida customer support, but since it was outside of the 30 day warranty period, they wouldn't do anything. Suggested trying to glue the top back on. Unfortunately,there is little to no lip left on the top, so every attempt to glue failed. I made a plywood adapter ring, but performance (suction) was noticeably reduced.
    Last edited by Carl Babel; 02-09-2011 at 6:19 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.

On Bill Pentz's website, the Excel spreadsheet can be used to design a small (6" dia) shop vac cyclone. It is really, really easy to build once you figure out how it's supposed to go together.

I have one ... lemme know if pix would help.

Don't know if I want to get rid of it or not ... it is dang useful when doing drywall especially ...

BTW, Oneida are a bunch of thieves ... little clearvue was out WAY before the dust deputy

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Babel View Post
    I moved the DD one day and the top sheared off of the cyclone. Apparently, they seam weld the two parts. I called Oneida customer support, but since it was outside of the 30 day warranty period, they wouldn't do anything. Suggested trying to glue the top back on. Unfortunately,there is little to no lip left on the top, so every attempt to glue failed. I made a plywood adapter ring, but performance (suction) was noticeably reduced.

You can also get the metal version of the Oneida DD that is much stronger.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I was poking around the web and found this write up on building an assembly/work table with two built in mini/clear cyclones just the other day:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Dust...ractor-system/

It's a very nice write up and the sound reduction he used is pretty nice too!

Aloha,
    Jonesy

I am not a plastics expert although I have a bit of experience under my belt using several plastics in vacuum forming and glued up fabrications. I have done quite a bit of metal fabrication and welding. Given my experience with these materials I would never opt for plastic as a cylcone material. Welded steel is the way to go.

Thank you for the http://www.instructables.com/id/Dust...ractor-system/ link It as been a tremendous help

regards Brian

Those are nice! I see that the author used Bill Pentz' design guides.

Good find! Maybe I will try my hand at building one...