Thread: Heres your (My) Sign.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Heres your (My) Sign.

Just wanted to say Thanks to Alex Carey for selling me the Powermatic GOLD Standard Metal Sign.

I recently saw it in a pic he posted and it wasn't really setup on display, so I contacted him and asked if I could buy it from him.

I have always liked old signs and love to still see a nice old one still in use at some places.

I like old vintage Coke items too and have 2 vintage Coke machines now as well as my other Coke collectables. (Got an old Coke machine and you want to get rid of it, Contact me.)

Anyways I Liked the look of the Powermatic sign and Wanted one since I do have a GOLD Powermatic 3520B Lathe. This should look Nice hanging up in the shop or my living room along with the Coke stuff I have.

Thanks again Alex.

Remember, you are NOT your post count.
    American & Proud
    ~Powermatic 3520B~
    "The GOLDStandard since 1921"
    Graphtec CE5000-60, FlexiSIGN PRO 8.6v2, Refine MH871,
    Photoshop CS5 Extended, Illustrator CS5, CorelDRAW X4, Wacom Intuos3 6x11, Wacom Cintiq, Dual 24" LCD's on MoView Stand, GraphixCALC Pro 2.0.4, QuickBooks 2010, Grain Fraim.

YAY! Glad its not bent.

Scott, neat sign, and glad you were able to buy it. However, if I hung that in the living room, I would be living in the shop!!!

Blog Entries
    You packed it well Alex.

John,

IATOWMBOIMH.

(I Am The One Who Must Be Obeyed In My Home)

My living room is my "man cave", with dark brown leather couch and comfy leather chair, mission style oak tables bookcase and lamps with a 65" big screen and surround sound system.

Purely a manly decorated living room.

My Vintage 81A Coke machine and other Coke stuff is on display, as are several 55 Chevy models and framed images of 55's. And my Macaw "KIWI" sits in her cage in the center of the picture window. Kiwi loves hanging out with me sitting on my shoulder or lap, is potty trained and won't go while on my shoulder, but gets restless letting me know she wants to go, so I take her to her cage she does her business and then flies back onto my shoulder.

I relax with my Macaw watching Woodworking DVD's and Old movies on TCM. lol

And keeping with a Turning spirit here, I FINALLY have found a turning tool rack design that with a couple of mods I think will fit my Needs for tool storage.

I saw it and contacted Ken Whitney, he is out of town at the moment but will be back home Saturday and is going to send me some more pics and some plans he made up for it.
    He calls it a "Rocket Launcher Rack" It holds 65 1 1/2" PVC tubes and made to sit on top of those drawered rolling tool carts. Perfect for my needs as I have a Craftsmen 5 drawer that houses all my chucks and other turning stuff, but needed a Rocket Launcher Rack like Kens to hold and keep all my handled turning tools in easy reach, and in order, not laying around all over and never being able to Find the one I want when I WANT it.

Thanks Ken can't wait to get the info from you so I can begin building my version.

I had started cutting up 3x's to build those wall type racks that alot here have built, but they only hold 12 tools and I would have Needed at least 6 of them, screwed together and made a raised platform to mount on the roll around, Kens design should work much better for me, I am gonna raise it up to have a shelf under it on my cart to keep glues and the boxed roll of sandpaper and other odds and ends in site.

Pic is of Kens Rack. With a couple added features it should fit my needs real well.

I have looked at Every turning tool rack I could find for a few years and just never saw anything that held enough and did not use wall space that I don't have. I am gonna move the lathe away from the wall I have it at now so I can turn from either side and or from the end. Mike Mahony is Left handed and will turn on the other side of his VB38? And I have watched Tim Yoder on The Woodturning Worshop turn on the other side of his Stubby lathe when he needed to even as a Righty.

I can't wait to get this Rocket Launcher built and get my turning tools Organized FINALLY!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    American & Proud
    ~Powermatic 3520B~
    Photoshop CS5 Extended, Illustrator CS5, CorelDRAW X4, Wacom Intuos3 6x11, Wacom Cintiq, Dual 24" LCD's on MoView Stand, GraphixCALC Pro 2.0.4, QuickBooks 2010, Grain Fraim.

Wish I had a sign to trade you for some feathers. Macaws have great colors for flies.
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lux View Post
    Wish I had a sign to trade you for some feathers. Macaws have great colors for flies.
    Kiwi is a Severe Macaw Also known as a Chestnut Fronted Macaw, they are the largest of the Mini Macaws.

Mostly Green with red white and blue on her wings, and blues, turqoise, and burgandy on her.

I can gather some feathers up when she Molts again and send them your way, most likely in the Spring some time.

Her tail feathers are long, you cant see them in the second pic because she grabbed them to preen them as I took the picture, so they are hidden behind her. Males and Females look the same.

These are pics when I first bought her, she has molted since then and I do Not clip her wings at all. So they are all full feathers.
    Last edited by Scott Hubl; 02-10-2011 at 1:35 PM.
    American & Proud
    ~Powermatic 3520B~

Great sign Scott and a pretty bird. Very colorful.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.