Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vases with Pyrography

Vases with Pyrography

Well finally got my oil pens and colored pencils. Here are a couple of vases that just have simple woodburned designs on them. The first is a poplar vase with yellow roses. It is 10 1/2" across and 3 1/2" high. Finished with Satin Lacquer. The second is a cherry vase with 2 red roses placed by the LOML. It is 8 3/4" across and 3 3/4" high. Also finished with Satin lacquer. The last pic's are of my final practice pieces before I did these. A blue jay finished with colored pencils and a cardinal which is just burned with no coloring. Still have some learning to do on how the tips I purchased work but it is getting there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Very nice Bernie, I love the cardinal that is just burned in, thats my favorite, all are very well done though, this will open up a whole new area for you.

Very nice. I especially like the red rose. Where did you get your pens?

1+on the cardinal. You are doing a nice job. Next thing we know, you won't be a wood turner anymore. :-(

WOW flying saucers from the planet Pyrorose. Nice crisp detail there Bernie, looking good! There are a lof of possibilities to experiment with; have fun!
    mj
    Last edited by Michael James; 02-12-2011 at 2:49 PM. Reason: huh?

Nice work, Bernie. The cardinal really is my favorite, but all very nice. Is that freehand? I have got to fire up my wood burner.
    "We the People ........"

Bernie,
    In comparing these with your first pyro work it's obvious you've come a long way already! The flowers are really nice, but the birds...WOW...Excellent!!

8. Excellent Bernie! I like the bluejay.........one of the prettiest birds as far as color is concerned [I am partial to blue] and the flowers are great. This should step up sales for you!!! Thanks for posting these.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Wow! Those are really nice, Bernie. You sure have a knack for this.

Nice work... The birds are very nicely done, and I think I'm kinda partial to the natural look of the cardinal. You've definitely got an artistic eye for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Madden View Post
    Bernie,
    In comparing these with your first pyro work it's obvious you've come a long way already! The flowers are really nice, but the birds...WOW...Excellent!!
    My thoughts exactly! Nice work!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Bernie - you are becoming quite the Artist! Nice work on each of them but I really like the Cardinal! Sometimes things work best when the viewer has to use their imagination to fill in the details! Nice work - seriously!

Hope you are relaxing and enjoying your retirement!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Bernie, I think you have found your new niche! Very nice, and while I like the colors, the cardinal is the pic. Besides, it is the KY state bird!!

Great works Bernie!! Like most I prefer the Cardinal because I think the shading shows more artistic ability, but they are all nice.
    Whippingwater
    What if the Hokey Pokey REALLY IS what it's all about.

Definitely expanding your horizons Bernie. Nice job on all!