Thread: Help identifying saw blade

Question Help identifying saw blade

A friend gave me a box of old tools. One of them was a 10 inch circular saw blade:
    Sears Craftsman
    Kromedge
    Carbide Tipped Rip
    Model No. 720-32-12
    10" diameter 30 tooth

I asked about this blade and was initially told he thought it came from his Radial Arm Saw. But, by the end, he was talking about using it on a Craftsman table saw.

Can anyone tell me if this blade is for a Radial Arm or Table Saw?

Also, in general, how can I tell the difference between Radial Arm and Table Saw blades?

Thanks in Advance,

--Jesse

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    A RAS blade will have little to no (or even negative) rake angle. It keeps them from "climbing" ...

Chances are very high that blade does NOT have a negative hook angle, more likely a pretty aggressive one. Unlikely it is made for a RAS.

He probably was using it on his radial saw, I've seen rip blades on them before. That blade would be more at home on a table saw though.

I'd say it's not a RAS blade. You have to go looking for those most places and I bet he'd remember that
    Teaching grandchildren the hobby is rewarding. Most of the time

No need to speculate, just lay a straightedge from the center of the arbor hole to the bottom of a tooth. If the top of the tooth is even or behind the ruler, its a neg. hook blade, if the tooth is ahead of the straightedge it is positive, and for use on the tablesaw.

Great! Just the answer I needed. The blade is for a table saw and I can use it on mine.

Thanks for the help.

)jesse

Jesse
    This is funny. Today I was at my uncle’s ,who passed away on Christmas, and was cleaning out a bunch of old tools. There was a handful of saw blades and included in the bunch was a 30 tooth carbide blade marked Kromedge model no.72- 32012. It was fastened to the original plastic backing and had a cardboard slip half cover with a picture of a radial arm saw with the saw set up to rip. On the label it states “ For Table and Radial Saws”. On the back of the cover it says Made In U.S.A, 12-80. The picture of the saw looks just like the one I have .
    Stan