Thread: Just got my first Forrest WW2 for the Tablesaw!

Just got my first Forrest WW2 for the Tablesaw!

I have been using the blade that came with my tablesaw for about 6 months now (Walker Turner 1950's Cabinet Saw). It's been a great saw and I've been happy with it. But yesterday I put on a brand new Forrest WW2 40 tooth full kerf blade and wow! What a nice difference. The saw never has felt underpowered but the cut has felt a little jumpy and shown a slight amount of saw blade kerfing on the edge. I had a WW1 on my radial and have been happy with the cut quality of that blade. So I knew the WW2 would be nice. But it made an even better difference on the tablesaw. I'm really glad I spent the money on the blade I really wanted vs saving $20-$30 and making a compromise on my want list.

Great blade.

That said, I have an underpowered radial saw (Dewalt MBF) and I use a think kerf freud diablo on that when I cut harder woods (hard maple, thicker oak, northern ash, etc). The cut quality isn't as nice as the forrest but it cuts quicker.

But again wow on the WW2 blade! I'm really impressed.

That's how it starts, Nick. One lousy blade.

All of a sudden, I turn around and I have 6, getting ready to get #7, plus the dado set. I realize a lot of guys have other makes that they really like - no argument with any of them - I've just never had any reason to try anything else.

You have been warned. Next is a 30t, and then a back-up 40t, and then the 80t panel blade, and then..............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

My last woodworker 11 only lasted 15 years, funny thing they are still the same price. I need to get one ordered.
    Last edited by Gary Max; 02-15-2011 at 8:44 AM. Reason: spelin
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Max View Post
    My last woodworker 11 only lasted 15 years, funny thing they are still the same price. I need to get one ordered.
    Wow that's a shortlived blade lol

I love your reason for editing your post: ... spelin.

It's amazing what a great blade like the WW II will do. I added one to my old Craftsman table saw and almost kept it because of the way the new blade cut wood.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Great blades I have one (or 4) of about everyone they make. When you get all the garden varieties you can start with the special grinds. One not make sure you heed Forrest's recommendation to set the blade higher than most manufacturers suggest for their blades, they are designed for a different angle of attack on the wood.

My WWII changed the way my Bosch 4100 works. The difference was HUGE.

Because of it, I bought the Dado King, from Forest. It's a pure joy to use, every time.

And because of THAT, when I was putting together my parts list for the 1956 DeWalt MBF RAS I'm fixing up ... I phoned Charles, at Forest, and bought a WWI from him, and a 4" stiffener.

Haven't used it yet, but I have absolutely no doubt about how well IT will perform.

I do NOT have one iota of Scott Spencer's blade knowledge (and am grateful that he's a resource for round blades, the way Van Huskey is a resource for bs blades ), but ... absolutely believe that Forrest is one of those increasingly rare companies where .... you truly DO get what you pay for.

Are there EXCELLENT Freud, Infinity, Ridge Carbide, and other blades ? I bet there are.

But I might never find out, for sure