Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Apple HF

Baxter, while you did an excellent job on the pedestal and finial, I think this form stands on its own quite well! And, that would be my choice given the options. Nice work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Alexander View Post
    always listen to your wife , Baxter hehe i tend to agree with her on this one
    Wise man Don!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Sebring View Post
    I had a similar problem on a re-turn recently. The tenon was a tad too small for the 50mm jaws by the time I got it round again. I ended up using my G3 with the 45mm spigot jaws. Even though the jaws are not dovetailed, they held just fine on a ~1/4" long dovetail-cut tenon.
    Thanks Jim, I will check out the spigot jaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Baxter, while you did an excellent job on the pedestal and finial, I think this form stands on its own quite well! And, that would be my choice given the options. Nice work!!
    Thanks John. My first thought on a pedestal for this piece was actually a "different option". Something with a wider top and bottom and just a smooth curve in between. Habits got the best of me so went with what I had done before. Not much of an out of the box thinker.

Baxter; I have done a few bowl and such expecting to have warping. Sized the tenon larger then usual allowing it to be returned to a smaller size that would still fit my jaws. Allan

Nice work Baxter, and I think you know my preference ;-)), it doesn't need any distractions ;-)))
    Have fun and take care