Thread: Looking for Baltic Birch Ply

Looking for Baltic Birch Ply

I am looking for a good reasonable supplier of Baltic Birch Ply in the Central OH area. I know it is out there but i am having a huge mind block. Thanks in advance for the comments

Does OH have a Menards yet? I have used some of theirs and it is okay.

Keim Lumber in Charm, Oh has baltic birch. Just bought a 5x5 sheet for $16. Also have 4x8 sheets, but don't know the cost.

Second Keim Lumber in Charm. Also, excellent service, price and selection at Woodwerks on the east side of Columbus. Finally, Hartville Hardware, Hartville, OH. They have a BIG sale/tool show going on this coming weekend. Their show sale prices are good beginning Feb. 14, though. Some good prices on Baltic Birch as I remember, along with several other wood buys.
    "God does not deduct from a man's lifespan the time spent fishing."

Matt,

There are members of this Community who sell Baltic Birch, check the Friends of The Creek Directory.

hartville hardware

I was suprised to see McCoys selling the Baltic Birch plywood.

16.00 for a sheet of Baltic Birch?? In Colorado I would pay 30-40 for a sheet of 1/4" and up to 75.00 for 3/4" are you sure it's Baltic Birch and no the Chinese version? That is a wonderful price.
    we all can see what we should be, but knowing is not controlling

Yeah, I think maybe the term "Baltic birch" now means any plywood with more than 5 plys or something. Prices around me are similar to yours. For example, Chinese crap: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=846 , the real stuff (with a phenolic coating): http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/upl...2/phenolic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Baca View Post
    16.00 for a sheet of Baltic Birch?? In Colorado I would pay 30-40 for a sheet of 1/4" and up to 75.00 for 3/4" are you sure it's Baltic Birch and no the Chinese version? That is a wonderful price.
    About two years ago, the best price I could find for 5 x 5 was $24 for 1/2" and $29 for 3/4". It came from Russia and I was buying 25 - 40 sheets at a time.

Yes, there are. Like The Hardwood Store of NC, Inc.