I have a decent fret/jewelers saw that I like. Nothing special, but it works. I can't seem to find a decent coping saw. I need something for cutting shapes in wood about 1" and less thick. Usually around roughly around 5/8" or so. I have 2 or three kicking around, and all of them are miserable contraptions designed to twist blades into perfectly crooked shapes.

What's out there? I'm open to almost anything. I may even pickup that small Gramercy bow saw. Maybe if Joel reads this he can weigh in how appropriate he thinks that is.

I have other uses as well, but the specific application that's driving this is cutting guitar headstocks. I'm getting away from routing them out with a template and am moving more towards simply cutting them out by hand. I would cut them on the bandsaw except when I mark, I mark from the front side of the headstock as that's where all my layout lines are. With the headstock angle being what it is, it's pretty much impossible to cut it face up on the BS.

So anyhow, that's what I'm looking for. Something decent that will happily cut out headstocks with a reasonable amount of precision. I only want to use abrasive tools to clean it up here and there, not establish the shape. Maybe I'm just unlucky with the coping saws I have, but so far they're been universally lousy!

Thanks.