Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14" Delta Bandsaw Question

David, I came across this same problem on a Delta that had a Carter Quick release added to it. The owner had not properly positioned the quick release devise before drilling and bolting it in place. From that point on he had to order blades 5/8" longer than was called for in the specs. Hope this helps, but of course it's only relevant if your saw has this aftermarket addon.
    Have a Good One,
    Brent

SPCHT

David...

I just installed (today) the riser kit on my 1996 Delta 14" BS. I am using a Timber Wolf 105" blade and while it is a bit tight going on, it does fit. My problem with the kit was installing the additional blade guard that is intended to cover the upper extra inches of the exposed blade while the guide is lowered down toward the table. The add on guard is designed to bolt to a boss with a vertical hole drilled in the cast upper arm. Actually, while the hole is vertical, the top and bottom of the boss are slanted to a degree that leaves the guide off plumb about 1.5" at the bottom of guide. All the photos I have seen show the boss with a flat top and bottom. I guess I drew the short straw. Nothing that a vice and a hammer couldn't fix, but it sure looks a lot tackier than it should.

As for the performance, installing the kit gave me the opportunity to tune everything up and with the new blade, I was able to go through a 9" walnut log (using my new Carter Log Mill) like it was butter; well, firm butter. I should have done this mod 10 years ago.

...Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Tarantino View Post
    i've no idea what you are attempting to say.
    It means:
    I guess we're so stupid here, we don't know what we're doing.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night