Thread: Symposium Question

Symposium Question

Question? Why would you move Who's going to the AAW Symposium out of the Turning section? The Symposium deals with one thing and one thing only - Turning. Hardly off topic. Curious minds need to know?
    Bill

I tend to agree with Bill. Does not make much sense to me. But what do I know?

Alan

Rock Creek, Ohio. It's alittle town in the NE part of the state, not far from Lake Erie.
    Where was the thread moved to--or was it deleted? I don't remember seeing it.

It was moved to the Off Topic Forum, which as previously stated, it obviously is not. What is really interesting is that two moderators posted in the thread before it was moved. So if something directly related to turning is not allowed in the Turning Forum exactly what is? Can we discuss what sandpaper we use to sand our turnings with or should that be in General Woodworking and Powertools; should postings of completed turnings be in Woodworking Projects and incomplete ones be in the Design Forum and definitely don't ask about boiling or DNA soaking a blank cause those definitely belong in Project Finishing.

Guys, I don't want to dampen any type of informative and constructive discussion, but please do not debate this issue further. I do not know who moved the thread, nor why. But, once that decision is made, it is done. Bill presented the question, and if a moderator or administrator chooses to respond, then the answer will be provided. What we don't want is a "piling on" questioning the actions of a moderator or administrator. That won't be permitted.

There is a redirect in the Turning Forum, which will remain for a month. Turners can still post in the thread in Off Topic.

Thanks!

Chances are the thread was moved to the Off Topic forum because it is an event. If you check out the announcement at the top of the page - it states the following:

Making Announcements in Forums and Our Calendar
    Please refrain from making time sensitive announcements in our woodworking forums. Meetings, events and other types of announcements don't belong in woodworking forums, they belong in our calendar. People searching our archives for woodworking information do not need to find hundreds of old posts concerning sales items, shows, events and other time sensitive information that isn't relevant to the forum topic.

I posted in the thread and I should have paid attention to the fact that it is an event. No big deal - just go to the Off Topic forum and add to the thread if you plan on attending.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!