Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodturning and Facebook

Woodturning and Facebook

Does anyone here use facebook on a regular basis? I did a search on facebook for Woodturning and found several pages and it looks like there are more woodturners out there than I had ever imagined. If you havn't looked at facebook as a resource give it a try.
    Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight. Its much more fun.

Glenn, in my ongoing efforts to become a recluse, I have avoided all social networking sites! I do suspect you are right, however, and that there is another world out there I may never know about.

I set up a "Group" so I can keep some of my friends/family in the loop with the new stuff I make.

I joined recently only after being prodded by a lot of family members.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I am on Facebook but dont post much of anything, other than a comment after someone else post something interesting (rarely). The only woodturning groups I am part of are Woodturning Design Magazine and Nova Woodworking. I don't think that any of my "friends" from here are on my Facebook list but it doesn't matter because everyone has access to my email, PM's, phone number and home address.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

I'm on Facebook almost every day, I have about 350 woodturner friends and love it when they post what their working on.

Lol. My wife reminded me that I DO have a page just for my turnings. I just don't keep the post up very frequently. I have a hard enough time keeping up posting pictures here and a couple other forums/sites.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-23-2011 at 6:14 AM.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

I've been posting more pictures lately because of my Android phone, it's very easy just to do a quick share, also I have an account on my website that I just email the photo to and it posts it to my facebook. This is real easy since I belong to 5 turning clubs and take photos & video.
    Last edited by John Keeton; 02-22-2011 at 2:47 PM. Reason: to remove direct link to website per TOS

im on fb everyday and i have a folder for my woodturnings though i rarely update it. Then again im 21 and having a social live without facebook can be a challenge.

We put our club on Facebook, It has helped us communicate with each other, post pictures of events, latest pieces, and a good way to discuss problems and bragging rights.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-23-2011 at 6:15 AM.

What's facebook?

I'm only kidding, but I've not taken the plunge. I don't find my life interesting enough to share with others, and the lives of others are even less interesting to me. I didn't know there were woodturning groups, but even that's not enough to draw me in at this point.

I haven't tried to put our clubs on Facebook yet but I did create a Yahoo group for each one and thought they might use the messages and file areas but they haven't. Also a lot of people didn't like having to create a yahoo or keep forgetting their login in information for Yahoo so that why I also use Posterous for all of my clubs so each of them can see what's going on and other people around the world follow my pictures their too. I don't claim I'm a photographer or videographer but I do take photo for the newsletters and the people that can't always make the meetings. My Posterous account also posts the pictures on facebook which is real nice.

I am definitely on Facebook every day. I got the new profile set up, and sent my "like" invites to everyone, but I don't know how to sync my *hundreds* of pictures from my personal facebook page to the woodturning page without going through and individually loading each one. HELP! Anyone know how to do this?
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-23-2011 at 6:16 AM.

I am on FB everyday. I have my personal page, and a page for the shop/studio. I also set up our club page. I have generated the majority of my sales through FB.

I'm on FB everyday...but I'm a gamer. But I also post most of my stuff there too. My wife and sister post their beaded jewelery as well
    Last edited by Jim Burr; 02-22-2011 at 6:10 PM.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots