Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodturning and Facebook

I've heard of it, but never looked for it. Doubt that I ever will.

I'm on all the time because of my job, as a way to remain connected with my folks (I'm a pastor). So, I'll usually post all my new turnings as a the latest photo album. That's most all my pics though I put a few other things on there. Get's lots of comments and if I were serious, could probably sell most everything that way.

I have a Facebook page and I have some pics of some turnings on it. I also have a slide show of turnings on my page along with a link to my web site.

I have not joined any turning groups, yet, and I do not post there very often.

Dale
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

I'm on daily and post pics of my woodturning there for friends. I've made some very beneficial contacts on FB. It's a good tool just don't put anything personal up there.

Who has time for FaceBook, If Im not at work then Im at the lathe trying to get all the sanding scratches out of my bowl!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-23-2011 at 6:17 AM.
    U.S.A.F. Ret. MSgt 2006

I'm not on Facebook and I still don't know that much about it, but more and more businesses are using it to market and sell their products. Our woodworking club has just created a Facebook Page and we expect that we will recruit several new members through it.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Glenn, in my ongoing efforts to become a recluse, I have avoided all social networking sites!
    My sentiments, exactly!

I refuse! I have a cell phone that is basically call out - off in the p.m. It takes lousy pictures and I pay as I go. It has no apps that I'm aware of, nor am I interested in any of that. People keep telling me I can text with it and I tell them no. Don't check my email with it either.
    btw I have a landline and will until the day I'm gone.
    mj

Blog Entries
    I'm on facebook. I keep in contact with my family and church family through the medium. I post pictures of my work. Part of keeping up with the family. But I don't FB for selling or grouping with woodturners.
    Have a Nice Day!

I'm with John
    I don't have the time for more then my lathe and 3 forums.

Joined Facebook a few months back as a way of staying in touch with the kids and grandkids. Only recently started adding photos of my turnings and that was so the kids can see them. If you're not a member here at SMC - you don't get to see the everyday photos of all the great work and this was just one way of sharing a little of what I do.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

For some of us, too much info in the public realm causes safety issues . . . Facebook puts too much out there.

I am on FB but mainly to keep up with the family. Can keep track of my 3 brothers and 3 sisters. Funny part is they won't e-mail but sure as heck will comment on FB. Go figure.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I am on Facebook, it's a good place to find old friends and keep in touch with the family. I don't post much there and find it a clunky environment. I see that more and more folks are there and friending, but I like this type of environment for socializing. If I am looking for company or artist info I hit the real websites. I suppose it is part of the culture, but how many electronic repositories and diaries can one need. I am getting to be an old fxxt and still believe that privacy is a big chunk of important. Not so important for me now, but some of the twenty somethings are going to look back and go "what was I thinking".

I'm with John also, I'm kinda of a semi recluse but I'm working on it.

Bill

You only have to be good at one of two things, planting in the spring or begging in the fall