Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAW Symposium - Who's Going??

AAW Symposium - Who's Going??

Just curious if we could get a list of fellow "Creekers" that are going to attend the AAW Symposium in St Paul and if your going to enter anything in the instant gallery. We need to coordinate a meet for those attending.

I have convinced my wife that I HAVE to go and I am likely going to pay the entry fee and enter my three best turnings in the instant gallery and subject them to critiques. I have never attended anything like this and I think it will be pretty cool. My wife, on the other hand, will have to be entertained with NON-woodturning activities so we will be seeing some of the sights in St Paul as well!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

I'm planning on going. A friend of mine it going to buy a Robust lathe and we are going to drive up from NJ.

I'm gonna pass this year, but I plan to attend at some point in the future. With two kids under the age or 6, I'm not sure I want to use up all of my 'husband points' to attend this year.

yes, i plan to attend, it would be nice to eat lunch with a creaker

entry fee is for the rotations (demostrations) instant gallery is free to you and public as is the vendor area, banquet is another fee

Scott, I kept a list from the last thread, and the following indicated they would be there - you, Doug W. Swanson, Greg Just, Jeff Nicol, Alan Trout, John Beaver, Joe Meirhaeghe (sp?), Bill Blasic, Patrick Doody.

I will be attending, and I hope that Steve Schlumpf will be there, as well.

I will be there for sure. I have my room and airfare paid for. I will be looking forward to a get together.

Alan

Congratulations John. You did get the correct spelling!!! & yes I plan on attending.
    Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Scott, I kept a list from the last thread, and the following indicated they would be there - you, Doug W. Swanson, Greg Just, Jeff Nicol, Alan Trout, John Beaver, Joe Meirhaeghe (sp?), Bill Blasic, Patrick Doody.

I will be attending, and I hope that Steve Schlumpf will be there, as well.

I plan on attending also.

Dan Henry

I'll be there as will my wife Jeanne

Jim

I figure someone should put a big ballon up above their head to indicate Creeker member, I know a lot of folks want to meet me and I want to meet a bunch of you as well. I will be staying at my daughters house in Inver Grove Heights which is close by and I get to play with my grandson while there too so that is good! I know there are others who plan to go but maybe just for a day and do just the free portion, but I really want to meet some of the world reknown pros and see them in action, it should be a great time for all!

See you there,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

I really hope I can find the time to go - we'll see, but it's on the list for this year!

I plan on attending. I'll be the old guy with the ponytail wearing a tan SMC ball cap! Never been to a symposium before - will they have name tags?
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I'm be attending. Doug Swanson and I will be organizing a Creek get together. Details to follow.

Yes! I will be there! If we need a place to meet we can always use my booth in the trade show area as a meeting place.

Vince
    VincesWoodNWonders

Name tags come in your kit.
    Bill