Thread: I'm officially addicted to wood working.

I'm officially addicted to wood working.

I am building a tv stand for my best friends parents. They bought one and it was particle board junk so they returned it. Unfortunately they wanted that exact design so they asked me to build them one exactly like that. I couldn't talk them out of it so I am building a tv stand that I don't really like and to top it off I am building it for free. That having been said I went and got the wood today and said "Hey I'll get it done whenever it will probably be a while" and instead I have been out working for 4 hours and am thinking about going out again later. If I could make enough money to pay my bills and eat once a day I would absolutely do this full time.

That's the way I got started and have now been retired from my day job for nearly 4 years and my shop is kickin tail everyday. I now have a full time cabinetmaker and some part time help, had it in my blood for years and years and started early on working on putting together a set of shop tools and be darned if it ain't workin.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Even if you can't quit your job you can still make a few bucks for shop tools and supplies.

With any luck in the not to distant future Ill be there also. I hate my day job. They pay me and I still don't want to be there. I know everything that's a JOB ends up being work but man I love woodworking and as the time goes by I am loving it more and more.
    Last edited by keith micinski; 02-23-2011 at 9:43 PM.