Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refused service at the BORG

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Angrisani View Post
    And I thought they joked about the guy who knows the boss' birthday.....
    Nah, they really like to talk about the TWO guys that were looking for their wives.
    They bumped into each other and the Old fellow said, pardon me, I wasn't paying attention, I was looking for my wife. The other said that's OK, I'm looking for my wife too. Old guy said, what's she look like? Other guy said. Oh she's 26 yrs old, 5' 6" tall with beautiful auburn hair, a great figure and Oh yes, she's wearing tight pink shorts, what's yours look like? Old guy said, never mind that now, let's find yours first.
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Wow, I never heard of a snowbird going to Colorado for the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny nic View Post
    I NEVER HEARD that either
    Colorado gets some good winter weather, but it gets a lot of sun and warm days every winter too. You would have to live in Juneau (think cold, dark, cloudy rain forest with LOTS of snow in the winter) for 10+ years to appreciate the relative mild northern Colorado climate. Besides, I about keel over if it gets much over 70 degrees...

Quote Originally Posted by shane lyall View Post
    Hmm..mine won't get more than 25 feet from me any place that tools/lumber are sold.
    Sounds like you got one of the smart models!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Quote Originally Posted by Jon McElwain View Post
    So I'm in my local BORG looking at some door knobs etc. etc. with the LOML the other day. I wandered over to the tool isle for a few minutes while she is making the final decisions. I went back to find her and she was gone. An employee asked if he could help me find anything, so I relied, "yes, my wife." Then he flat refused. "I don't think I can help you with that sir," he said.

The nerve...
    Just find the cutest girl in the store and go talk to her....If your wife is like mine - THAT'S when she'll find YOU.
    The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
    - Marcus Aurelius ---------------------------------------- ------------- [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jon McElwain View Post
    Colorado gets some good winter weather, but it gets a lot of sun and warm days every winter too. You would have to live in Juneau (think cold, dark, cloudy rain forest with LOTS of snow in the winter) for 10+ years to appreciate the relative mild northern Colorado climate. Besides, I about keel over if it gets much over 70 degrees...
    Hope you are taking advantage of the New Belgium while you are in Fort Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi Arslan View Post
    Hope you are taking advantage of the New Belgium while you are in Fort Collins.
    It's pretty good, but the Alaskan Winter Ale out of Juneau - really good stuff!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Too funny. It is a running joke between us that I tightly hold the hand of LOML when we enter the store to run a quick errand so she cannot wander off. I thought she was the only one that could get lost there - apparently not!
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

7. Two guys were in home depot with their spouses. One was an elderly couple, the other was a couple in their early 20's

Both men lost their wives in the store, so they began roaming the store, searching.
    The two men bumped into each other. They found out that they were both missing wives.
    The elderly man said "Hey, maybe we can help each other out. What does your wife look like?"
    The young man said. "My wife has blue eyes, long curly blond hair which is shoulder blade length, and she is 36-24-34. What does your wife look like?"
    The elderly man said "Who cares what my wife looks like? Let's find yours".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Waara View Post
    Too funny. It is a running joke between us that I tightly hold the hand of LOML when we enter the store to run a quick errand so she cannot wander off. I thought she was the only one that could get lost there - apparently not!
    Our running joke (bet) is when we pull into the grocery store parking lot because we need milk and bread and I wait in the car. I bet that she will not come out with only 2 items (the ones she went in for). I've never lost the bet.

Also, she has no peripheral vision nor does she look behind her when we go into a store together. If I stop, she's gone. I used to spend time looking for her but now I just do my thing and leave it up to her to find me.

You didn't say if you ever found her or not. After this much time some guys would just give up and go home. Maybe she doesn't want to be found...I'm just sayin...

Bruce

The real question here is: Was there any good tools on sale and did you buy anything? Cause about the time you get up to the counter with the tool, you'll hear the voice behind you "Do you really need that"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Wow, I never heard of a snowbird going to Colorado for the winter.

Rick Potter
    Snowbirds usually look for warmer climes, but if you're a Canada goose, Colorado is "flying south for the winter"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Benjamin View Post
    You didn't say if you ever found her or not. After this much time some guys would just give up and go home. Maybe she doesn't want to be found...I'm just sayin... Bruce
    Oh I found her all right - right in the middle of the lighting section looking up! She needs me for installing all these new home accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Nagle View Post
    Snowbirds usually look for warmer climes, but if you're a Canada goose, Colorado is "flying south for the winter"
    My point exactly!