Thread: Is the Benchdog ProTop tabletop router table the best one in its price range ($250)?

Question Is the Benchdog ProTop tabletop router table the best one in its price range ($250)?

I would like to buy a new router table. I only have room for a benchtop and don't want to build my own. The Benchdog has excellent reviews on Amazon & Rockler. Does anyone own this? What do you think of it? Does anyone have any other suggestions in this price range?
    Thanks
    Dennis

Good Morning,

I have one on the left of a Sawstop contractor saw and love it. When you want to do large boards you just flip the fence and run the boards from the back of the tablesaw.
    I have a separate fence for convenience, but you could use the saw fence with a few adjustments.

Kerry

I also have one also because of lack of space in my shop and love it.

I have a BenchDog phenolic router table top similar to the top of the portable table you're looking at. Mine tabletop is a little wider but the other features are similar. BenchDog makes a quality product and if you don't want to get into making your own base, and space is critical, you won't be unhappy with the benchtop model. After all, it's the top that becomes the working part and the design has been very functional for me. Also, the fence design works well, and you can add another section to the top of it so it can become twice as tall. Something I needed when I just couldn't get around having to put tall pieces of wood on end; the extra height helped stabilize it. BenchDog products usually cost a little more but the return is in the quality. I doubt you will find anything of comparable quality in that price range.