Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question For 12" Table Saw Owners

Oh ya.

I have a MiniMax and use an arbor extension with the dado set. It is basically a sleave that is threaded on the inside that slips over the arbor and threads on. On my saw the inside of the arbor is threaded to recieve a special bolt that is what holds the dado blade on. A bit of a pain, but not really an issue for me, still love the saw.

John, is this what the machine looks like, more or less?

http://www.scheppach.com/en/products...ash=7a01b1711f

Here is a Scheppach model TS 4000. It is not the one I'm looking at. I don't think the one I'm looking at has a fold down table extension like this one (a big disappointment). The over arm dust collection is an option that I don't think it has. The owner has a Freud 10" dado blade for it. I don't know if it is a stack or wobble, and I gather he has never used it. He wants extra for it, but I'm going to try to get him to throw it in the deal.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am always afraid of orphans. A foreign machine that is not common would be tough to get parts for. It could become a boat anchor because some small part failed and replacements are not available.

CPeter

It's a good-looking machine. Much more redoubtable than the benchtop saw or whatever it was that someone posted earlier. The fold-down table would be nice. So would the dust hood, although my slider has a similar dust hood and I don't use it very often because it's a little obtrusive when making various cuts.

Several posters (including myself) have warned about the ability to acquire parts and support, but I was able to locate Scheppach's web site in an English version within seconds. I'd just try to make contact with someone there and see if they do supply parts if something ever goes wrong. But that's a pretty strong looking machine. Do you have any idea what they want for that machine new?

You should be able to get that guy to throw in the dado, but if he doesn't and you don't want to pay extra, let me know because I'm in need of a 10" dado for my new saw.