Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Hoyt

Andy has been a strong part of SMC and he will be deeply missed my sincere condolences to Andy's family and friends, God Bless
    Take care,
    Jim

Sad news, indeed. May comfort and peace find the loved ones he has left behind.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

That's just horrible news. Andy and I never met face to face but had become good friends over the years. I bought my first "Real" lathe from Andy back in 2004(I think that's the year).It was the Oneway 1018. The craftsman lathe and Shopsmith weren't real lathes after turning on the 1018. Then in 2008 when I had my second back surgery it was Andy who convinced me to hang on to my Stubby and that I'd eventually feel well enough to get back to turning. The man had a way with words. He will truly be missed.

I can say Andy was a good friend. We e-mailed back and forth. He got me in on Ken Fitzgeralds bombing with his first lathe. Andy was a hoot and especially with his moxie. I will miss him. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
    Last edited by Bernie Weishapl; 02-27-2011 at 11:43 PM.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Wow that is a loss for all of us. He was one of the great characters here that always had you laughing when you read his posts. May he rest in peace and condolences go out to his family and friends.
    John T.

A Sad day indeed. I am also sorry to hear about his passing. He will be missed. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Very sad news indeed.
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

I never met the man or had any two way communication with him, but he surely had a great sense of humor, and one got the impression that he lived life to the fullest. I have missed his presence in the forum over the past couple of years, was just thinking of him a couple of nights ago as I was working through the posts here. I think he brought a lot of joy to this world - a life well lived.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Andy Hoyt will always be remembered here for his sense of humor and his talent but I hope that members of this Community will remember how friendly he was more than anything. Always willing to share his expertise and always willing to help a friend in need.

We have once again lost both a friend and a colleague.

My thoughts an prayers are with his family. Rest in peace Andy.

Alan

10. Andy was a character, that's for sure. 2,500 years from now they'll be doing a special on Discovery about his unexplainably preserved body - only to find it was Moxie that was responsible. It's worth re-reading his old interview from a while back... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...view-Andy-Hoyt

Goodbye Andy, RIP.

I also pass on my condolences. I don't hang out in the turner's forum at all, but a few years ago there was a charity sale organized by some folks here and through a few circumstances I ended up chatting on the phone with Andy about the auction. He was a gentleman in every sense of the word and I am sad to hear of his sudden passing.
    "It's Not About You."

I only corresponded with Andy briefly via email, but I was impressed with his sense of humor. I see some of his work posted here and I was awed by his turning ability. My prayers are with his family.

Altho I haven't participated in the forum in a few years I must say that Andy was a joy to communicate with. He always made my day. RIP Andy.
    Ed Scolforo, San Antonio, TX
    It is what it is.

During my short time here on SMC I never saw Andy post much. But because he was a moderator on the turners forum, I had gone back and read a lot of his earlier threads. Between being from Maine, a timbeframer, and a turner, he was on the list of Creekers I oneday hoped to meet. My condolences to his family and those of you who knew him well.