Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been a "BUSY" day....

It's been a "BUSY" day....

IMG_1625.jpgIMG_1616.jpgIMG_1634.jpgIMG_1613.jpgIMG_1643.jpg

I cut a nice Box Elder log today that I had brought home last week. I got 2 nice bowl blanks and turned them both to rough. The first one was put in DNA and the second one I sealed with anchorseal. I also got alot of pen blanks and misc. blocks for other turnings later. All items are anchorsealed. I am tired. I also put 2 coats of poly on my eariler bowls I made yesterday. It's been a long day but after looking at all this it was worth it.
    Donny

IMG_1624.jpgIMG_1611.jpg
    Here are a few more.
    Donny

That is some very beautiful wood there Donny, and glad to see the 46-460 survived the fire.
    mj

Wow, that's a beautiful piece of wood, and it's great to see you turning again!!!!!

Thats pretty!
    Last edited by John Keeton; 02-27-2011 at 9:15 PM. Reason: language

I still have things to build but I could not resist. Now that I'm turning again I may not get to finish the shop. Gotta "LOVE" turning..
    Donny

Donny, glad you are back at the lathe. Is it in your shop? If so, looks like you have made some significant progress on the rebuild.

Wow, what a beautiful piece of wood, that should turn out gorgeous. I would love to get my hands on some nice box elder like that.

Donny, - nice looking wood. Is the red spalting or just the color of the wood?

Glad to see you getting set up in your new shop. I find myself being a bit more careful - looking at things differently that could cause a fire and/or be a safety hazzard.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

We turners are a lucky bunch you know, we get to see the beautiful fresh colors and grains of the wood, play with some real special material, it is just too bad we can't keep those colors to stay as is, just enjoy them while you can.
    That little lathe seems to be working just fine again, have fun and take care
    Have fun and take care

Beautiful box elder Donny. Glad to see ya got some turning time.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That is some spectacular looking wood!

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Donny, nice looking stuff. It looks like woodworking is getting a second life for you. Where does one get box elder like that? Does it grow on trees (nearby) or something?

Good luck....

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Donny, glad you are back at the lathe. Is it in your shop? If so, looks like you have made some significant progress on the rebuild.
    It's my shop.I still need to build a planer stand and something for clamps. I also have some re-placement of some tools. Some are not where I want them. I have a few tools I still need to get out of my old shop and clean.,but as of now I'm finally getting started again.Everytime I start doing something I realize I need something either from my old shop or it's a trip to the store. That gets frustrating but hopefully soon I will have everything I need.It's the smaller things that you will miss the most. Thanks to everyone here for all the support on helping me get back up and running.
    Donny

Great to have you back in the saddle again...and with a bang!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots