Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what ever happened to mark marzluf?

what ever happened to mark marzluf?

Mark was one of the most talented wood workers that ever posted here I loved reading his posts and building his jigs to make my wood working easier. I have a question about a slicer he constructed for consistently cutting 1/4 inch slices to finish off the edges of 3/4 oak plywood - - I never made the jig and now I could use it. If mark is not around does anyone remember the jig?

Kevin Gregoire
    posted a picture of a thin-rip tablesaw jig for sale on the classified forum (you have to be a contributor to view, it's only 6$ per year and well worth it). Today it's actually the first thread in the forum, you would have seen it if you were a contributor I'd guess. $20. He pulled the pictures, but probably still has one if you PM him.

Basically on the left miter track, you have a left-right adjustable stop that you adjust so it's say 1/4" from the left side of the blade. It actually sits about 1" in front of the blad though. Now you take your stock against the fence on the right side of the blade and press it left up against the stop, sitting in the left miter track. Slice. Press left and repeat. You get 1/4" or whatever slices each time.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Rockler sells a little jig or tool for doing just that for around 20 bucks, I would find the link but gotta run to work.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Dave MacArthur View Post
    Kevin Gregoire
    posted a picture of a thin-rip tablesaw jig for sale on the classified forum (you have to be a contributor to view, it's only 6$ per year and well worth it).
    Members can view the Classified Forum, they just can't post there.

Mark Marzluf

Mark, like so many other woodworkers, became frustrated with lack of space and lack of customers to help pay for his talent. Couple that with the fact that several of the "old standby members" of another forum did not like him for whatever reason and he decided to just get out. What a shame. He has now taken up photography and is just as talented in that hobby as he ever was with woodworking. I still talk with Mark on occasion to borrow some of his creative ideas, but since he has gone to work for a fast pace cabinet supplier that builds melamine cabinets for high volume retail stores his 'love' of woodworking has faded. Interestingly enough, Mark is a self taught Sketchup user and has become the design engineer at his place of employment because of that. He is a very talented person.

Anyway, I will tell Mark that you guys were asking about him.

Brad

Thank you brad - - I have been out of wood working myself. Bicycling and traveling around the U.S. since I retired so I am just getting restarted in wood working.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Johnson View Post
    Rockler sells a little jig or tool for doing just that for around 20 bucks, I would find the link but gotta run to work.

Phil
    I have one of the Rockler jigs and it works great. Others make similar ones for about the same price. I think I saw one on the Woodcraft site.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=18056&rrt=1 Couldn't fine the other one I've seen but it was in the same price range.

Blog Entries
    Search for Mark's stuff on this forum:

Advanced Search
    Mark's Name
    Check "Posts" box
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 03-02-2011 at 9:14 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Since you're bring up the Marks...whatever happened to Marc Singer?

Jim,
    From a quick glance, does the adjustment of the jig/featherboard provide a more accurate adjustment for adjusting the table saw fence rather than a manual adjustment?

Thanks,
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Noble View Post
    Mark, like so many other woodworkers, became frustrated with lack of space and lack of customers to help pay for his talent. Couple that with the fact that several of the "old standby members" of another forum did not like him for whatever reason and he decided to just get out. What a shame. He has now taken up photography and is just as talented in that hobby as he ever was with woodworking. I still talk with Mark on occasion to borrow some of his creative ideas, but since he has gone to work for a fast pace cabinet supplier that builds melamine cabinets for high volume retail stores his 'love' of woodworking has faded. Interestingly enough, Mark is a self taught Sketchup user and has become the design engineer at his place of employment because of that. He is a very talented person.

Anyway, I will tell Mark that you guys were asking about him.

Brad
    Thanks for posting the reason why Brad, seriously. It really bums me out when someone is so giving and talented and willing to share their techniques, yet they get driven out by a few who don't like them. One of the unfortunate drawbacks of a really decent forum like SMC.

David
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

glen the link seems to be dead for me - - is there some setting I need to include

Ironically, Mark just posted a few messages over at the "other" forum today.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve LaFara View Post
    Ironically, Mark just posted a few messages over at the "other" forum today.
    that's a little ironical for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Radgowski View Post
    glen the link seems to be dead for me - - is there some setting I need to include
    Sorry, I forgot about how vBulletin's search engine works. Use Advanced Search, put in Marks name and check the "posts" box. I've updated my other post. ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler