Thread: Prefinished plywood-group buy inquiry (Minneapolis)

Prefinished plywood-group buy inquiry (Minneapolis)

I've been wanting to use some factory prefinished plywood after watching Norm use it for his kitchen cabinent project, but it's hard to come by around here, and it's expensive.

I checked with the local Menards new megastore (Eden Prairie), and they will special order it for me. The catch is I need to order 30 sheets minimum, and I only need half a dozen at most. They would charge around $62/sheet for 3/4" maple, grade B2, Colombia UV Wood (or something like that) which is about $40 cheaper than the only other place I can find it.

Anyone interested in going in on this?

Scott
    Last edited by Scott Schwake; 03-01-2011 at 4:55 PM. Reason: clarification on price

Check with a cabinet shop. If they're like most around here, PF ply is all they'll use for interiors. You can get the Chi-wood a lot cheaper, but with ply, you definitely get what you pay for. I'd recommend domestic. I pay around $60 for mine.

Check out my work- forest products in Maplewood, my boss might order it for you without a minimum order.

Talk to Mike at Forest as Simon mentioned. He is a great guy and ordered some for me recently. It was nice stuff. The scraps are almost like a phenolic and I have been using them in jigs.