Thread: A book for Dee

Red face A book for Dee

I just got a book called "Simply Wood" by Roshaan Ganief, looking at the projects I immediately thought of Dee & there's a pretty good sampling of the pages on Amazon, hope you enjoy it. I think several of the projects would lend themselves to laser as well as the scrollsaw.
    Linda Tetreault
    Laser Impressions
    Epilog Mini 45 watt
    Corel X5

What a good find, Linda, thanks!
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Very good book, Nice work
    Dean Fowell

Support Engineer
    Cad Cam Solutions

Georgia USA Previously Down Under
    Corel, Inkscape, Solidworks, Solid Edge, Lasercut 5.3, PhotoGrave 3.0 Radan, Tool Shop Cad Cam, AutoCad 2013, Radan Cad Cam , Visiual Macro
    FLC1490 80 watt, Shopbot

Love the book...

I picked this book up when it first came out... there are definitely a lot of projects that translate well to the laser. I made my grandmother a wall display that is in the book.

I tweaked the design a bit and added what I was told is the character/symbol for my family's last name in the center... Corel file of modified design is attached.

1. Lased pattern out of 1/8" Baltic Ply (Stained a dark color)
    2. Cut 3/4" birch color shelf grade ply @ 18" x 18". (Left natural light color)
    3. Glued lased pattern on top of ply
    4. Edge Banded with some iron on Birch (Stained same dark color)
    5. Some sanding and 2 Coats of Spray on Poly
    5. Used keyhole router bit to carve a key hole on the back so it could be hung.

It turned out nice... I'll take a pic of the finished product next time I visit and post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Glenn Chua
    Morrisville, NC
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Trotec 80W Speedy 400
    CAMaster Stinger III

Glenn:
    Thanks for sharing that. What is the meaning of the characters?
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

No problem.

Center is for my last name: "Chua"
    - Left is "Double Happiness"
    - Right is "Longevity"
    - Top is "Good Fortune"
    - Bottom is "Prosperity"

That's a nice design, Glenn. It lends itself to a lot of things for me.. can I steal the concept?

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Thanks. Steal away. Lots of other great ideas in the book... I think I paid $13 or $15 for it off Amazon. Well worth it.
    Glenn Chua
    Morrisville, NC
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Trotec 80W Speedy 400
    CAMaster Stinger III