Thread: Tool Organization

Tool Organization

This is how I organize my tools,the ones in the rafters I don't use allot and my set of Thompsons are laying on my roll-a-round they have to find a home soon.The spin-a-rounds I came up with so I can work from ether lathe.
    007.jpg001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg005.jpg004.jpg009.jpg006.jpg

Blog Entries
    Wow, you really got a place for all of them. I love looking at this, because I don't think I will ever have that many turning tools.
    Have a Nice Day!

Where's the dust? With a shop that clean do you ever work in there!?
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

I just love looking at pictures of wood shops and the tools in them, however I had a hard time getting past the first picture with all of the wood in it! Those spin around tool racks are very cool, thanks for shareing the pictures!

Harry, I realized a couple of things when looking at your pictures. I would have turning strings hanging all over those pretty tool racks, etc. For me, it would be a nightmare to clean up, not that I am a clean freak but my area around the lathe looks like a pay toilet in a bus terminal :-)))) I mostly.......turn. You certainly have a WOW!!! shop. Great job.

The reason it's so clean is because I just cleaned for the pictures.Also have had my shoulder messed up and haven't turned much the last couple of weeks.
    Dick-I do get curllys in them but the vacuum takes care of them.

I don't ever want to be chided for my neatness and organization after this thread!!! Very nice shop, Harry! And, I see you have the tilt bins for sanding supplies, too. Great thread - took the heat off me!

WOW! Way... organized! Looks like you have everything well thought out! I do like the swinging gouge racks! Cool idea! Do you use a shower curtain or anything to hold in the shavings? If not - it does make cleanup a lot easier!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Harry, You really do have it organized and clean. I saw this last night and was in such a state of shock (and shame of my mess) that I could not respond. Makes me want to clean up and get organized, but my driveway is covered with wood that I need to turn.You do have a lot of good ideas for utilizing your available space.

Harry I guess I won't show a picture of my shop. It is a mess compared to yours. Looks good Harry.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Wow, looks like you got one heck of a setup there, I could take tips from you or organization.

Blog Entries
    Nice shop Harry and nice use of space, is there a lathe on each side of the wall hence the spinners?

I think I might see just a bit of a Vega bowl lathe on one side?
    Remember, you are NOT your post count.
    American & Proud
    ~Powermatic 3520B~
    "The GOLDStandard since 1921"
    Graphtec CE5000-60, FlexiSIGN PRO 8.6v2, Refine MH871,
    Photoshop CS5 Extended, Illustrator CS5, CorelDRAW X4, Wacom Intuos3 6x11, Wacom Cintiq, Dual 24" LCD's on MoView Stand, GraphixCALC Pro 2.0.4, QuickBooks 2010, Grain Fraim.

Harry, You have more room used for tools than I have for my whole shop!!! Just kidding, but my tools are in 3 different locations at 3 lathes so it is not as organized as yours! I am going to get my shop cleaned, organized and un-clutterd in the next few months, and I will use some of your ideas. I like the magnet bars from HF in your racks. I have 10 or more of them around the shop holding many hundreds of bits, cutters, tools and stuff, so maybe I need to get them used more effieciently. They are on sale for $4.99 right now so maybe a couple more will be needed in the end!

Nice set up,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Sheer green envy....that's all I can say.