Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help finding 6" 2729

help finding 6" 2729

Hi every body, I' ve installed a clear vue cyclone in my shop. I was able to get 40' of the 6" 2729 locally and have installed it. However the supply company can't get any more of it. I spoke directly to Cresline, the pipe manufacturer , they gave me several supply company phone numbers, and none have pipe and are unable (?) to get any. I called US Plastics, but freight was as much as the pipe. Any idea's, need 150' to finish duct work. Thanks, Jerry

I'm finding the same thing with the borgs in my area. I had to settle for SDR 35 (green sewer and drain pipe) which is the same dimension and relatively cheap and works with 2729 fittings. The SDR 35's interior surface is not as smooth as schedule 40 pvc. You might check with local plumbing wholesalers - many will sell to the public.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, I wonder if we are going to see another giant price leap due to oil prices like a couple years ago. I did my whole shop for a few hundred bucks. I added a leg a few months ago for almost $100!!!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I just bought 120 ' for 1.66/ft at kelly supply company( kscdirect.com,we have a local branch)

I bought the y and 45s at the borgs $16 for the ys and $7.70 for the 45s

Can't find it cheaper than $2.50/ft in central NC. John Deere Landscapes feigns no knowledge of 2729 and is pricing sch35 instead. For anyone in PA there's this place: https://keithspecialty.com/dwv.sewer...d_fittings.htm - for $1.18/ft for pipe it'd be worth the drive from quite a distance. At $240 freight cost for the pipe alone (to me), they're right in line with the price I can get it for locally. <sigh>

I need about 100' if anyone in NC has had any luck recently...

Steve

Have you checked with McMasters Carr. They have ASTM2729 pipe but only in 4 1/2' lengths if it must shipped (green) and they also have the fittings in 3034 which are compatible. The fittings are white.

McMaster carries a full range of 2729 fittings. I bought all my fittings from McMaster. They also sell 2729 pipe in 10' and 4.5' pieces. The shipping would be expensive, but they have it: http://www.mcmaster.com/#plastic-pip...d-pipe/=bakkqq

McMaster is great for fittings (luckily I have a local pipe supplier, but no fittings). McMaster ships very fast and they charge actual shipping costs, so it's not as bad as you'd expect. No idea on 10' pipe.

McMaster is based in IL, I don't know if they have distribution near your location. Might be worth a call (562) 463-4277.

Hello, Steve in Durham try Agri Supply in Garner, they have pipe but not fittings. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hepditch View Post
    Can't find it cheaper than $2.50/ft in central NC. John Deere Landscapes feigns no knowledge of 2729 and is pricing sch35 instead. For anyone in PA there's this place: https://keithspecialty.com/dwv.sewer...d_fittings.htm - for $1.18/ft for pipe it'd be worth the drive from quite a distance. At $240 freight cost for the pipe alone (to me), they're right in line with the price I can get it for locally. <sigh>

I need about 100' if anyone in NC has had any luck recently...

Steve
    They have changed or your local JD is giving you the runaround. I got 2729 at the Greenville JD a few years ago. The big problem with JD is that unless you are a contractor (or convince them you are) they will sell you S&S at twice the price. I haven't priced it recently. Agri Supply supposedly carries it but I can't verify that.

My local Menards carries it. You are in Il, there should be not too far away.

Called Agri Supply in Garner this morning and Bob assured me that they only carry schedule 40 PVC. Still waiting on Ferguson (the one on Durant Rd evidently carries it, even though other Ferguson locations don't seem to know this) to quote me a price. Turns out the pipe is the biggest pain in the ash for this whole project...

Called Agri Supply in Garner this morning and Bob assured me that they only carry schedule 40 PVC. Still waiting on Ferguson (the one on Durant Rd evidently carries it, even though other Ferguson locations don't seem to know this) to quote me a price. Turns out the pipe is the biggest pain in the ash for this whole project...
    Have you checked with the guys at NC Woodworker dot net? There were a couple of threads on this topic in the past few years. If you haven't joined or don't want to, I believe you can view and search as a guest.

From some threads:

For my ClearVue I used 6" PVC S&D pipe from Greensboro Plumbing Supply

You should be able to find the bell-end white S&D pipe at John Deere Farm Supply places or Ferguson's Plumbing Supply. I bought mine at a plumbing supplier in Spartanburg, SC at McRey Distributors, Inc. (864-582-8106

On my way back to work, I saw Greensboro Pipe Company on Gallimore Dairy Rd. They had the pipe for $1.xx/ft. and the fittings were under $10 ea (closer to $5 or so I think).

Agri Supply in Garner has it is WHITE
    Last edited by Alan Schaffter; 03-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.

I got mine from John Deere Landscapes...they didn't have it in the Milwaukee area but shipped it from a MI store at a very small cost. Paid $13 for 10' pipe and IIRC they charged me $15 or so to ship it. No issue with me bein ga contractor or not...didn't even come up.

Alan,
    Just got off the phone with Greensboro Pipe company - they tell me they have schedule 40 but no S&D - they normally source it from Charlotte Pipe in Charlotte and only order it when one of their customers are looking for it. Agri supply gave me the same song and dance re: S&D.

Best price I found locally was at Ferguson - $2.00/ft in 14' lengths ($2.50/ft at John Deere Landscapes). I'll likely source fittings online or at BORG's depending where I can find best prices after I pick up the pipe. The good news is that the wait time on pipe has given me opportunity to design and re-design my layout and drops for efficiency...

Now I just have to find the best way to ground the system so the dust doesn't explode the first time I turn it on. KIDDING.

Steve

Now I just have to find the best way to ground the system so the dust doesn't explode the first time I turn it on. KIDDING.

Steve