Thread: What fence fits a Rigid bandsaw?

What fence fits a Rigid bandsaw?

Bought a used Rigid bs in great shape at a gloating price but there is no fence. Most of my cutting is on the pencil line so a fence is not critical but it would be a "nice to have" addition. Anyone know how to find a fence that fits a Ridgid? I don't think the bs is even sold anymore so buying a fence seems out of the question. But, I may be wrong -- and it sure would'nt be the first time! Phil
    Philip

Blog Entries
    According to this link, the Kreg fence will fit.

http://www.kregtool.com/prodImages/f...patibility.pdf

I think just about any after market fence will fit, you may have to drill some holes for mounts but that would be about all.

The list that Lowell post is a good list and I have the Kreg on my Jet and it is a very nice fence and works really well for me.

I've got the Kreg fence on mine. It fit right in with no modifications. The only vague problem is that the long mounting bracket makes blade changes slightly more difficult. Some people complain about it, but it never really bothered me.

Kreg fence...Last week, Hartville had a sale: fence, micro-adjuster, re-saw block and Mark Duginske's Bandsaw book for $129.00 and free shipping.
    The mounting track is aluminum and can easily be sawed to lenght.

The Jet/Wilton fence also fits. Holes and size of table are standardized for C frame imports.

I have this Jet fence on mine. It works well for a no-frills fence.
    Last edited by Brett Robson; 03-07-2011 at 1:03 PM.

I've found that a 2x4, flattened and squared on a jointer and held on with a couple of quick action clamps, works fine as a bandsaw fence. I suppose I should call it a negative-frills fence.

Thanks to one and all for all the suggestions. Phil
    Philip

I found a junked old bench-top Craftsman table saw and after cutting the rails to length put that on the saw. Works great and it was free!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Goodnight View Post
    I've got the Kreg fence on mine. It fit right in with no modifications. The only vague problem is that the long mounting bracket makes blade changes slightly more difficult. Some people complain about it, but it never really bothered me.
    Same here. +1 on all accounts.

Blog Entries
    i had a kreg fence on my ridgid and it worked fantastic, you wont regret it at all.