Thread: Over arm Shark Guard

Over arm Shark Guard

Thought I should post pics of the recently installed Shark Guard and over the blade dust duct.
    The elbow at the end of the horizontal run is just a slip fit and can be removed if necessary. The support is fastened to my garage door opener motor.
    028 (1024x683).jpg029 (1024x683).jpg030 (681x1024).jpg

I do have a question. My guard seems to want to tilt to the right some, even though I have it tightened. I believe I have it mounted correctly. Any of you have the SharkGuard have any input on this?
    Also, if anyone has a recommendation for how to keep it out of the way on non-thru cuts I would appreciate that. It's easy enough to remove. I suspect I would hook it overhead somehow.

You might try adding a 45% so your flex is droping straight into the SG.

Rick, you might get some ideas from looking at this thread. I stumbled across it last week, and now have it in my growing collection of "got have one too" URL favorites: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ache!&p=273455 AKA: My Tablesaw has a mustache.

Mine tilts to the right also and I think it's just the weight of the flex hose.

Kerry

Mine doesn't stay straight either with the hose connected but I don't think it makes any difference in operation. I don't see any way it could move enough to hit the blade or anything like that. Unless you are saying that your splitter isn't staying in line with the blade--then you've got a problem you should deal with right away.

You'll love how it works.

The splitter is fine. I just wanted to be sure I hadn't messed anything up when installing. I guess I can live with the tilt, or I could extend the drop over some more. Just seems like it would come back down better if it didn't tilt. Wants to hang up a little on the front bushings.

One thing I'm going to have to do is adjust my mitre gauge more to the left as it's too close now to where the SharkGuard mounts at the splitter.

Blog Entries
    Mine tilts to the right too, it is the 3" hose, which is off to the right on mine. I like the below table quarter turn bolt they provide, which does away with the wrench. But it took me a while to figure out that it does not work on my G1023 when I tip the blade as the handle on the bolt hits the table, preventing a full tilt to 45 degrees. Also it's bulk won't let me rip anything much less than an inch or the mount hits the fence. Other than that, I am a happy camper.

IMG_7519 resize.JPG