Thread: Digital scale on a Grizzly 15 inch planer

Digital scale on a Grizzly 15 inch planer

Has anyone installed a digital readout on a 15 inch Grizzly planer? I would like to install one, but not sure if I would be able to fabricate any parts needed to adapt it to the Grizzly.
    Wixey has a new remote readout that looks like it might work....but I would like to hear from anyone who has installed one on a GO453Z or similar machine.

Mine is a Delta 380 clone, it may be like the Grizzly, see if this is in the ball park?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I used this Igaging one from Grizzly

http://www.grizzly.com/products/12-D...raction/T23012

I had to fab my own mounting brackets.
    DSC_0299-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I used this Igaging one from Grizzly

http://www.grizzly.com/products/12-D...raction/T23012

I had to fab my own mounting brackets.
    DSC_0299-1.jpg
    How did you make the brackets? I really have no access to anything other than what I can make with plyers and a vice. I saw that unit and wondered if it would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maik Tobin View Post
    How did you make the brackets? I really have no access to anything other than what I can make with plyers and a vice. I saw that unit and wondered if it would fit.
    Look at the top of my Wixey, it has a flat angle bracket with the leg cut off. Just look around you shop, there's always spare stuff that came with tools and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Maik Tobin View Post
    Sorry about the bad picture. It is the only one I have access to at the current time. The angle iron that is attached ti the bed is welded to the flat piece of thinner metal with the 2 screws in it. There is a z shaped piece behind that piece that wraps around the corner and connects it to the device it. The 2 screw holes are slotted for adjustability. I welded up my brackets because I can and I like the sleeker look. There is someone here that posted last year with a picture that used a block of wood to do the same thing.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ghlight=T23012
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 03-08-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: here is the link