Thread: Rockwell Delta Drillpress

Rockwell Delta Drillpress

Does anyone know the particulars for a Rockwell Delta 86909? It will need to be mounted to a stand/bench becasue it has no existing base. I am imagining this will need to be substantial since I am told it weighs over 200 lbs. I was also told that it had about 8 inches of travel. I guess I am concerned about the cost for a chuck for this machine. It seems to be a great deal, but I can definitely see how the costs could escalate. ANy thoughts or specs would be greatly appreciated.

This is the only picture I have.
    3nd3m03l05Z65U55X4b32ccd9c1dc072b18fa.jpg

Have you looked at the info on www.vintagemachinery.org ?
    Bases are available for it, as well as chucks. What is the head casting number?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Thanks for the link, but I am having trouble finding anything resembling 86909. Is this more comonly known as something else? I am looking to purchase this and it seems like a solid machine, but just wanted to know a little more. I will try to contact the seller today and get the head casting number.

Steve,
    What you have is one head from a ganged drill press. There are photos of that type of set-up at the link that Myk provided. You shouldn't have any problem finding a chuck for that machine and I would think that a decent table could be fabricated.
    Matt

Am I correct in seeing that the handle is on the left side? Will that be a problem for you? I would think for me (righty) that would be hard to get used to.

Steve.... Couldn't do much with what was there, but I did juice the photo a little bigger so people can see it "zoomed" a bit.

DeltaPress.jpg

Despite my searches, I still haven't found much. I feel it is worth the $75 they are asking but have nothing to base that on. Any thoughts on what a new base and chuck might run me?