Thread: Finally got my new router table set up

Finally got my new router table set up

I got it all set up - but not without problems. I bought it at the Baltimore WW'ing show from Peachtree Woodworking. The main problem is that they didn't provide instructions to properly set it up. It came with a ton of seperately packaged materials and parts. Being that it is my first professionally made router table, there were things about it I just didn't understand. I had to go back to the show just to look at their set-up. But I hadn't finished everything at that time. Getting the dust collection bracket on was a challenge. I had to figure out through trail and error how to put the fence together. I followed the instructions with the Rousseu plate to install the levelers and discovered after hammering all the threaded inserts in that the leveling screws were too short. Ahaa!! That's why they provided a different leveler set. Had to yank the first set of inserts out - not easy. Messed up the rabbit the plate sits in a little getting the larger inserts in. Got a crack the the router plate at one of the screw holes I made trying to thread the screws for the base in - and the Rousseu plate had instructions too.

But even after all that, it looks like it's going to be a good table. I just hope the small cracks in the plate don't spread. For as much money as I spent on the table, you'd think the company could type up a simple set of instructions.

Stefan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ahhh. the most feared words known to mankind..."some assembly required". Looks like you did a nice job. Yeah it seems a set of instructions wouldn't be much to ask.

Just curious Stefan if U r still around (or anyone who owns this table), how is this table working out for you? I have the exact same table.

Well, I am only 2.5 years late to respond . I actually came onto this forum for the first time since this thread to see about posting to classifieds. I have completely lost interest in woodworking and I have to admit that I have barely used the table. But just recently a friend of mine did some work in my shop and used the table. He didn't have any complaints.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash View Post
    Ahhh. the most feared words known to mankind..."some assembly required". Looks like you did a nice job. Yeah it seems a set of instructions wouldn't be much to ask.
    I thought the most feared words would have something do do with a plus sign on the test stick...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    I thought the most feared words would have something do do with a plus sign on the test stick...
    This gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash View Post
    i thought it was "batteries not included" on christmas morning in a home with young chiildren.