Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Beloved Bosch 1590 Jigsaw

What box stores have done to the tool market in the past 25 years is sad to see. What that mentality has done to Porter Cable in particular is very sad.

This is nonsense !

The BORGs haven't sullied the tools you knew and loved.........................You and I and our tool buyin brethren have done this with the choices we've collectively made.

Porter Cable didn't get flushed down the toilet because of Lowe's. They sunk because their management lacked the talent and vision to compete and decided to focus on low price ...................which they also failed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Porter Cable didn't get flushed down the toilet because of Lowe's. They sunk because their management lacked the talent and vision to compete and decided to focus on low price ...................which they also failed at.
    They were bought out by Stanley Black and Decker and were deprecated in favor of DeWalt (higher end) and Craftsman (lower end). What's left of PC is primarily focused at consumer battery tools, often in sets at places like True Value Hardware stores. Don't get me wrong, it was a very sad thing, but it was the new owner that made the decision and discontinued some of the beloved tools, like the routers.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    With losing Porter Cable portable tools to a large degree I've gone to Makita for that.

I'd say my favorite Porter Cable tools were the routers and the sanders.

For a jig saw I use an older Milwaukee. My only complaint about that saw is I wish the base was bigger. I think it's too narrow.

PHM

Traded my 1590 for the festool this year. While cordless is awesome I do miss my bosch